Boy George Is Slimmer and More Religious After Quitting Drugs
Boy George lost a huge amount of weight after he gave up drugs - because he cut out sugary snacks along with illegal substances. The former Culture Club singer vowed to tackle his drink and drug demons before he was jailed for four months in 2009 for the assault and false imprisonment of a male escort at his London apartment.
The star will celebrate three years sober in 2011 and he's adamant his new clean-living ways have helped him slim down. He tells Britain's The Times, "Two years ago I was four times the size I am now and I didn't realize it. People would tell me I was fat, but I was in denial. I was happy!"
"It was the drugs that did it: I could go for three days without eating, then I'd eat sugary foods late at night. For the past eight months I've been exercising a lot." And Boy George insists his outlook on life has changed since he gave up drugs, "I'm more religious now. It's only in the last two or three years that I've got me back. I wouldn't call myself spiritual though. It's about how you lead your life and what you do."
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'