Video: David Cassidy Arrested of DUI
Former teen idol David Cassidy blamed his failed sobriety test on a "wandering eye" he's suffered with since he was a child, according to a newly emerged video shot on the night of his arrest on suspicion of drink driving.
The Partridge Family star was driving along Florida's famous Turnpike freeway earlier this month when cops in Fort Pierce spotted his Mercedes weaving on and off the road and pulled over the vehicle. The 60-year-old actor/singer failed two roadside sobriety tests. Police officers allegedly found a half-empty bottle of bourbon in the car but a representative for the star denied he was drunk behind the wheel.
According to the police report, Cassidy was "swaying while standing" during the tests - but a new video, obtained by TMZ.com, shows the star telling cops before the check that he suffers from a special eye condition.
A police officer is heard asking Cassidy if he has any problems with his eyes, to which the star responds, "I do... I had a wandering eye as a child... my right eye still wanders when I get tired." Cassidy was subsequently arrested and taken to a nearby jail, where he was booked for driving under the influence (DUI). He was released in the early hours of November 4 on a $350 bond and is due back in court in January.
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'