Soulja Boy Preparing His Own Biopic
Rapper Soulja Boy is to make his acting debut in his own biopic, documenting his rise to fame. The "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" star will lead the cast in the upcoming "The DeAndre Way" and he insists the film will show his critics what a "true success story" is all about.
He tells AllHipHop.com, "These people have been pitching me this movie idea for so long, and now I am letting them orchestrate my art and tell my story and let people see it on the big screen. A lot of people say 'Soulja Boy is a one hit wonder, and he's lucky.' It's not even about music. It's about a success story, but it's a true story from the bottom to the top, a true success story."
"The DeAndre Way" is coming out across the United States on November 30. 50 Cent and Trey Songz are some of the featured guests.
More Soulja Boy News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed