Soulja Boy Preparing His Own Biopic
Rapper Soulja Boy is to make his acting debut in his own biopic, documenting his rise to fame. The "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" star will lead the cast in the upcoming "The DeAndre Way" and he insists the film will show his critics what a "true success story" is all about.
He tells AllHipHop.com, "These people have been pitching me this movie idea for so long, and now I am letting them orchestrate my art and tell my story and let people see it on the big screen. A lot of people say 'Soulja Boy is a one hit wonder, and he's lucky.' It's not even about music. It's about a success story, but it's a true story from the bottom to the top, a true success story."
"The DeAndre Way" is coming out across the United States on November 30. 50 Cent and Trey Songz are some of the featured guests.
More Soulja Boy News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt