Soulja Boy Preparing His Own Biopic
Rapper Soulja Boy is to make his acting debut in his own biopic, documenting his rise to fame. The "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" star will lead the cast in the upcoming "The DeAndre Way" and he insists the film will show his critics what a "true success story" is all about.
He tells AllHipHop.com, "These people have been pitching me this movie idea for so long, and now I am letting them orchestrate my art and tell my story and let people see it on the big screen. A lot of people say 'Soulja Boy is a one hit wonder, and he's lucky.' It's not even about music. It's about a success story, but it's a true story from the bottom to the top, a true success story."
"The DeAndre Way" is coming out across the United States on November 30. 50 Cent and Trey Songz are some of the featured guests.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie