Faith Evans Gets Probation for DUI Arrest
R&B singer Faith Evans has been sentenced to 36 months of probation after reaching a plea deal for charges of driving under the influence (DUI). The "I'll Be Missing You" hitmaker was driving through Marina del Rey, Los Angeles in August when her car was pulled over by traffic police.
She was taken into custody and hit with two counts for drink driving, which carried a possible six month jail term. But Evans, the widow of late rapper Notorious B.I.G., reached a plea deal with prosecutors and agreed to plead no contest to the lesser charge of reckless driving instead.
She was handed probation, a $300 fine and ordered to complete a three-month alcohol education program. The singer was also ordered not to drive after drinking alcohol, reports TMZ.com.
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation
- 'DWTS' Alum Hayes Grier's Involved in Car Crash, Brother Asks for Prayer as He's 'Pretty Busted Up'
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Is Looking to Add This A-Lister
- Selena Gomez Is Gearing Up for New Album
- Halsey Thanks Fans for Their Support After Sharing Tragic Miscarriage Story
- Bristol Palin's Husband Dakota Meyer Slammed for Placing Gun Near Baby. See the Scary Pic
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa