Olivia Wilde Screamed 'Like a Schoolgirl' After Talking to Obama
"House M.D." star Olivia Wilde had an embarrassing encounter with U.S. President Barack Obama when she screamed "like a schoolgirl" with excitement after speaking to him - and he heard her on his open phone line. The actress was on the set of the medical drama in 2007 when Obama called her during his election campaign to thank her for agreeing to help spread his message in Iowa.
She admits she was thrilled to speak to the Democrat candidate and managed to contain her joy until hanging up - but her excited yelps were heard by Obama because the line was still open. Wilde tells Britain's Live magazine, "My phone rang. A voice said, 'Olivia, this is Barack Obama.' His voice is very easy to recognize. He said, 'I just want to thank you for agreeing to go to Iowa to campaign,' and I said, 'I'd be honored. I can't wait - I'm very excited'."
"I was very professional the whole time we spoke, then I hung up the phone - or so I thought - and started squealing like a schoolgirl for about 15 seconds. Later my friend, who was with Barack because she worked on the campaign, said that he listened to the shrieking and laughed the entire time."
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell