Julia Roberts Receives $1.5 Million for Appearing in Coffee Ad
Actress Julia Roberts has reasserted her Hollywood star status after banking a massive $1.5 million for a 45-second TV advertisement for Italian coffee makers Lavazza. The "Pretty Woman" star appears as artist Sandro Botticelli's Venus, the painter's stubborn goddess muse who refuses to reveal her famous smile until she is handed a cup of Lavazza's A Modo Mio coffee.
The heavenly promo, which didn't even require Roberts to speak, will be screened in Italy over the Christmas period. Roberts isn't the only Hollywood actor to sign up as the face of a top coffee brand - her "Ocean's Eleven" co-star George Clooney promotes Nespresso.
Early this year, Julia Roberts was rumored to have been paid $20 million for becoming the latest face of cosmetics giant Lancome. Serving as "ambassadress" for the beauty firm, she followed the footsteps of Isabella Rossellini and Juliette Binoche.
More Julia Roberts News
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens