Julia Roberts Receives $1.5 Million for Appearing in Coffee Ad
Actress Julia Roberts has reasserted her Hollywood star status after banking a massive $1.5 million for a 45-second TV advertisement for Italian coffee makers Lavazza. The "Pretty Woman" star appears as artist Sandro Botticelli's Venus, the painter's stubborn goddess muse who refuses to reveal her famous smile until she is handed a cup of Lavazza's A Modo Mio coffee.
The heavenly promo, which didn't even require Roberts to speak, will be screened in Italy over the Christmas period. Roberts isn't the only Hollywood actor to sign up as the face of a top coffee brand - her "Ocean's Eleven" co-star George Clooney promotes Nespresso.
Early this year, Julia Roberts was rumored to have been paid $20 million for becoming the latest face of cosmetics giant Lancome. Serving as "ambassadress" for the beauty firm, she followed the footsteps of Isabella Rossellini and Juliette Binoche.
More Julia Roberts News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival