Julia Roberts Receives $1.5 Million for Appearing in Coffee Ad
Actress Julia Roberts has reasserted her Hollywood star status after banking a massive $1.5 million for a 45-second TV advertisement for Italian coffee makers Lavazza. The "Pretty Woman" star appears as artist Sandro Botticelli's Venus, the painter's stubborn goddess muse who refuses to reveal her famous smile until she is handed a cup of Lavazza's A Modo Mio coffee.
The heavenly promo, which didn't even require Roberts to speak, will be screened in Italy over the Christmas period. Roberts isn't the only Hollywood actor to sign up as the face of a top coffee brand - her "Ocean's Eleven" co-star George Clooney promotes Nespresso.
Early this year, Julia Roberts was rumored to have been paid $20 million for becoming the latest face of cosmetics giant Lancome. Serving as "ambassadress" for the beauty firm, she followed the footsteps of Isabella Rossellini and Juliette Binoche.
More Julia Roberts News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'