Julia Roberts Receives $1.5 Million for Appearing in Coffee Ad
Actress Julia Roberts has reasserted her Hollywood star status after banking a massive $1.5 million for a 45-second TV advertisement for Italian coffee makers Lavazza. The "Pretty Woman" star appears as artist Sandro Botticelli's Venus, the painter's stubborn goddess muse who refuses to reveal her famous smile until she is handed a cup of Lavazza's A Modo Mio coffee.
The heavenly promo, which didn't even require Roberts to speak, will be screened in Italy over the Christmas period. Roberts isn't the only Hollywood actor to sign up as the face of a top coffee brand - her "Ocean's Eleven" co-star George Clooney promotes Nespresso.
Early this year, Julia Roberts was rumored to have been paid $20 million for becoming the latest face of cosmetics giant Lancome. Serving as "ambassadress" for the beauty firm, she followed the footsteps of Isabella Rossellini and Juliette Binoche.
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'