Julia Roberts Receives $1.5 Million for Appearing in Coffee Ad
Actress Julia Roberts has reasserted her Hollywood star status after banking a massive $1.5 million for a 45-second TV advertisement for Italian coffee makers Lavazza. The "Pretty Woman" star appears as artist Sandro Botticelli's Venus, the painter's stubborn goddess muse who refuses to reveal her famous smile until she is handed a cup of Lavazza's A Modo Mio coffee.
The heavenly promo, which didn't even require Roberts to speak, will be screened in Italy over the Christmas period. Roberts isn't the only Hollywood actor to sign up as the face of a top coffee brand - her "Ocean's Eleven" co-star George Clooney promotes Nespresso.
Early this year, Julia Roberts was rumored to have been paid $20 million for becoming the latest face of cosmetics giant Lancome. Serving as "ambassadress" for the beauty firm, she followed the footsteps of Isabella Rossellini and Juliette Binoche.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death