Janet Jackson Recalls Tupac Shakur's Sweet Side
Janet Jackson still misses her late "Poetic Justice" co-star Tupac Shakur, insisting the "sweet" rapper wasn't always the tough guy he portrayed through his music. Jackson made her film debut alongside Shakur in the 1993 romance, and became close friends with the hardman hip-hop star, who was fatally shot in Las Vegas three years later.
And Jackson reveals she saw Shakur's softer side on set. She tells Britain's Sunday Telegraph, "Pac was just silly. He was completely different from what people knew. Not that it was an act, the person that the world knew, because that was him, too. I adored him - he liked to play and laugh."
"I remember when he said he was going back to L.A. to get a tattoo. And I said, 'Why are you going to L.A. We're not supposed to leave, we have a shoot tomorrow.' He looked at me and said, 'Square!' When he came back he showed me the tattoo he got on his stomach. He was sweet. Granted, there was another side, but he wouldn't snap or go crazy out of nowhere. There had to be something that triggered that. I miss him."
More Janet Jackson News
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending