Janet Jackson Recalls Tupac Shakur's Sweet Side
Janet Jackson still misses her late "Poetic Justice" co-star Tupac Shakur, insisting the "sweet" rapper wasn't always the tough guy he portrayed through his music. Jackson made her film debut alongside Shakur in the 1993 romance, and became close friends with the hardman hip-hop star, who was fatally shot in Las Vegas three years later.
And Jackson reveals she saw Shakur's softer side on set. She tells Britain's Sunday Telegraph, "Pac was just silly. He was completely different from what people knew. Not that it was an act, the person that the world knew, because that was him, too. I adored him - he liked to play and laugh."
"I remember when he said he was going back to L.A. to get a tattoo. And I said, 'Why are you going to L.A. We're not supposed to leave, we have a shoot tomorrow.' He looked at me and said, 'Square!' When he came back he showed me the tattoo he got on his stomach. He was sweet. Granted, there was another side, but he wouldn't snap or go crazy out of nowhere. There had to be something that triggered that. I miss him."
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards