Janet Jackson Recalls Tupac Shakur's Sweet Side
Janet Jackson still misses her late "Poetic Justice" co-star Tupac Shakur, insisting the "sweet" rapper wasn't always the tough guy he portrayed through his music. Jackson made her film debut alongside Shakur in the 1993 romance, and became close friends with the hardman hip-hop star, who was fatally shot in Las Vegas three years later.
And Jackson reveals she saw Shakur's softer side on set. She tells Britain's Sunday Telegraph, "Pac was just silly. He was completely different from what people knew. Not that it was an act, the person that the world knew, because that was him, too. I adored him - he liked to play and laugh."
"I remember when he said he was going back to L.A. to get a tattoo. And I said, 'Why are you going to L.A. We're not supposed to leave, we have a shoot tomorrow.' He looked at me and said, 'Square!' When he came back he showed me the tattoo he got on his stomach. He was sweet. Granted, there was another side, but he wouldn't snap or go crazy out of nowhere. There had to be something that triggered that. I miss him."
More Janet Jackson News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season