Russell Watson Considered Suicide During Brain Cancer Battle
British opera star Russell Watson was in such agony during his battle with brain cancer, he considered leaping to his death from a hotel balcony. The tenor was diagnosed with a pituitary gland growth in 2005, and was devastated when the tumor returned two years later.
He won his fight against the disease in 2007 following surgery, but Watson admits his ordeal brought him close to giving up on life. The singer tells Britain's The Sun, "I am quite religious and I remember really praying and demanding, 'Why me? Why twice?' "
"I thought I was going to lose everything, I thought my career was over. I just couldn't believe it had happened for the second time. It seemed so unfair. There was one time when I felt like ending it all. I was standing on a balcony of a hotel in L.A. and I just thought, 'F**k this, I've f**king had enough.' "
"I thought of throwing myself off, but that was because the pain was so bad and I just wanted it to stop. But I wouldn't have done it - I've always seen myself as a fighter and I wasn't going to give in."
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna