Russell Watson Considered Suicide During Brain Cancer Battle
British opera star Russell Watson was in such agony during his battle with brain cancer, he considered leaping to his death from a hotel balcony. The tenor was diagnosed with a pituitary gland growth in 2005, and was devastated when the tumor returned two years later.
He won his fight against the disease in 2007 following surgery, but Watson admits his ordeal brought him close to giving up on life. The singer tells Britain's The Sun, "I am quite religious and I remember really praying and demanding, 'Why me? Why twice?' "
"I thought I was going to lose everything, I thought my career was over. I just couldn't believe it had happened for the second time. It seemed so unfair. There was one time when I felt like ending it all. I was standing on a balcony of a hotel in L.A. and I just thought, 'F**k this, I've f**king had enough.' "
"I thought of throwing myself off, but that was because the pain was so bad and I just wanted it to stop. But I wouldn't have done it - I've always seen myself as a fighter and I wasn't going to give in."
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does