Russell Watson Considered Suicide During Brain Cancer Battle
British opera star Russell Watson was in such agony during his battle with brain cancer, he considered leaping to his death from a hotel balcony. The tenor was diagnosed with a pituitary gland growth in 2005, and was devastated when the tumor returned two years later.
He won his fight against the disease in 2007 following surgery, but Watson admits his ordeal brought him close to giving up on life. The singer tells Britain's The Sun, "I am quite religious and I remember really praying and demanding, 'Why me? Why twice?' "
"I thought I was going to lose everything, I thought my career was over. I just couldn't believe it had happened for the second time. It seemed so unfair. There was one time when I felt like ending it all. I was standing on a balcony of a hotel in L.A. and I just thought, 'F**k this, I've f**king had enough.' "
"I thought of throwing myself off, but that was because the pain was so bad and I just wanted it to stop. But I wouldn't have done it - I've always seen myself as a fighter and I wasn't going to give in."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri