Elton John Calls Oasis Stupid, Praises Coldplay
Sir Elton John has blasted Liam Gallagher and Noel Gallagher for canceling Oasis' U.S. tour in the 1990s - insisting the warring rock siblings were "stupid" to pass up the opportunity to crack America. The band axed several gigs Stateside in 1996 following a string of arguments between the brothers.
The siblings' ongoing feuding ended in Oasis' demise last year after Noel quit the group's line-up for good. Sir Elton admits he was baffled by the band's decision to cut their U.S. tour short - as he's convinced the popular group could have achieved continued success Stateside.
He tells Britain's Absolute Radio, "They were enormous in Britain, they were enormous in America and they went over there and argued between themselves and canceled the tour and they never broke America. You only get it once, and if you blow it, it's gone. You can't not regret that. I always thought, 'You stupid s**ts. You'll never get that opportunity again.'"
And the "Rocket Man" praises the bands who have managed to make it big in the U.S. charts: "It's only the cream that rises to the top. It's always the ones with the best work ethic and the best material and the best attitude. You know, it's the boys from the men. Coldplay, Muse, U2, (The) Police, all those bands. They're the men, and all the rest are boys."
More Elton John News
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week
- Kris Jenner Is Ready to Fight for Full Custody of Rob's Daughter Dream