Elton John Calls Oasis Stupid, Praises Coldplay
Sir Elton John has blasted Liam Gallagher and Noel Gallagher for canceling Oasis' U.S. tour in the 1990s - insisting the warring rock siblings were "stupid" to pass up the opportunity to crack America. The band axed several gigs Stateside in 1996 following a string of arguments between the brothers.
The siblings' ongoing feuding ended in Oasis' demise last year after Noel quit the group's line-up for good. Sir Elton admits he was baffled by the band's decision to cut their U.S. tour short - as he's convinced the popular group could have achieved continued success Stateside.
He tells Britain's Absolute Radio, "They were enormous in Britain, they were enormous in America and they went over there and argued between themselves and canceled the tour and they never broke America. You only get it once, and if you blow it, it's gone. You can't not regret that. I always thought, 'You stupid s**ts. You'll never get that opportunity again.'"
And the "Rocket Man" praises the bands who have managed to make it big in the U.S. charts: "It's only the cream that rises to the top. It's always the ones with the best work ethic and the best material and the best attitude. You know, it's the boys from the men. Coldplay, Muse, U2, (The) Police, all those bands. They're the men, and all the rest are boys."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby