Russell Simmons: Burning Mosque in Oregon Is Wrong
Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons has condemned the deliberate burning of a mosque in Oregon after it was linked to an alleged terror suspect. The Def Jam co-founder was horrified after police in the U.S. state confirmed that the Salman Alfarisi Islamic Center in Corvallis was specifically targeted in the early hours of Sunday, November 28 morning.
One room of the facility was gutted during the blaze. The arson attack is thought to stem from the arrest on Friday of worshipper Mohamed Osman Mohamud, 19, who was held by police after allegedly plotting to detonate a bomb at a Christmas tree-lighting ceremony in nearby Portland.
Simmons admits he was saddened by the circumstances surrounding the fire, and he's taken to his Twitter.com page to condemn the mystery arsonist. In a post on the microblogging site, he writes, "The actions of one does not justify condemning all. Burning of the mosque in Oregon is wrong. Islamophobia is ugly."
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army