Ricky Martin Says Telling His Parents About His Sexual Orientation Was Easy
Ricky Martin was overwhelmed with emotion when he finally revealed his sexuality to his mother and father - because they welcomed the news by expressing their unconditional love for the singer. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" hitmaker 'came out' as a gay man in March after wrestling with his feelings for years, and he admits he was prepared for a difficult talk with his parents when he decided to come clean about his chosen lifestyle.
But he was surprised when his mum and dad revealed they were already aware of his homosexuality. Martin tells U.S. news show Access Hollywood, "(Mum) asked me, 'Baby, are you in love?' And I said, 'Yeah mum, I am in love.' And she asked me, 'Is it a man?' and I thought, 'Wow, this is gonna be easier than what I thought.' And I said, 'Yes mum, it's a man.' "
"I was extremely surprised and then she said, 'Come on, give me a hug. You're my son and I love you, and I will always be here for you.' So it was very beautiful. My father... he kinda told me. I wanted to tell him and he said, 'You don't have to say a word. I love you and I just want you to be happy.' "
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?