Helena Bonham Carter Laughs at Vanity Fair for Naming Her Best Dressed
Helena Bonham Carter burst into laughter when she learned she had been named as one of Vanity Fair magazine's best dressed celebrities - because editors lauded the British actress for the same outfits critics had previously savaged her for.
The "Alice in Wonderland" star'squirky sense of style frequently hits headlines for all the wrong reasons, so she was stunned when she discovered her wardrobe choices had earned her praise from the top fashion publication, placing her alongside Lady GaGa and Dior designer John Galliano.
She tells the New York Daily News, "It was a triumph! It made me laugh because I thought it was a joke when I found out. But when I saw the article, I thought, 'Oh, the photos they've chosen are as bad as the ones they print when I'm worst dressed."
But Bonham Carter, 44, insists she won't be changing her ways as she grows older: "I don't feel any pressure to dress well. When I was younger, I cared more what people say. When I did do the Oscar thing, I did feel quite a lot of pressure to dress a certain way."
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene
- 'Riverdale' Season 2 May Introduce Toni Topaz
- Emily Blunt, Zoe Saldana and More Are Ponies and Manes in First Full Trailer for 'My Little Pony'
- Watch Steve Aoki, DVBBS and 2 Chainz's Futuristic Video for 'Without U'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- 'This Is Us' Ups Two Actors to Series Regulars for Season 2
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding