Helena Bonham Carter Laughs at Vanity Fair for Naming Her Best Dressed
Helena Bonham Carter burst into laughter when she learned she had been named as one of Vanity Fair magazine's best dressed celebrities - because editors lauded the British actress for the same outfits critics had previously savaged her for.
The "Alice in Wonderland" star'squirky sense of style frequently hits headlines for all the wrong reasons, so she was stunned when she discovered her wardrobe choices had earned her praise from the top fashion publication, placing her alongside Lady GaGa and Dior designer John Galliano.
She tells the New York Daily News, "It was a triumph! It made me laugh because I thought it was a joke when I found out. But when I saw the article, I thought, 'Oh, the photos they've chosen are as bad as the ones they print when I'm worst dressed."
But Bonham Carter, 44, insists she won't be changing her ways as she grows older: "I don't feel any pressure to dress well. When I was younger, I cared more what people say. When I did do the Oscar thing, I did feel quite a lot of pressure to dress a certain way."
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip