Helena Bonham Carter Laughs at Vanity Fair for Naming Her Best Dressed
Helena Bonham Carter burst into laughter when she learned she had been named as one of Vanity Fair magazine's best dressed celebrities - because editors lauded the British actress for the same outfits critics had previously savaged her for.
The "Alice in Wonderland" star'squirky sense of style frequently hits headlines for all the wrong reasons, so she was stunned when she discovered her wardrobe choices had earned her praise from the top fashion publication, placing her alongside Lady GaGa and Dior designer John Galliano.
She tells the New York Daily News, "It was a triumph! It made me laugh because I thought it was a joke when I found out. But when I saw the article, I thought, 'Oh, the photos they've chosen are as bad as the ones they print when I'm worst dressed."
But Bonham Carter, 44, insists she won't be changing her ways as she grows older: "I don't feel any pressure to dress well. When I was younger, I cared more what people say. When I did do the Oscar thing, I did feel quite a lot of pressure to dress a certain way."
More Helena Bonham Carter News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding