Lily Allen Threatened by Journalist After Twitter Rant
Singer Lily Allen has toned down a foul-mouthed rant at a journalist on Twitter.com after the female columnist threatened to call in her lawyers. The "Smile" hitmaker branded British journalist Katie Nicholl a "lying c**t" in the astonishing outburst, after Nicholl wrote a report claiming Allen is planning to marry her partner Sam Cooper next year.
But within hours of posting the abusive message on Sunday, November 28, Allen took it to the microblogging website again to claim Nicholl had objected to the remarks and threatened legal action if they were not removed. Allen wrote that she would "amend" the comments - but still left her insults in the post.
She wrote, "Kati Nichol (sic) has been in touch and has threatened to consult her lawyer if i don't take that tweet down. She thinks it was too heavy handed. So i'll amend it. Katie Nicholl I THINK you're a c**t, leave me out of your sh**ty column, you know nothing about the intimate details of my life. There's a time and a place for your musings where i'm concerned, and it's not now."
Allen is currently recovering from the devastating loss of her baby after she suffered a miscarriage in October, six months into her pregnancy.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'