Lily Allen Threatened by Journalist After Twitter Rant
Singer Lily Allen has toned down a foul-mouthed rant at a journalist on Twitter.com after the female columnist threatened to call in her lawyers. The "Smile" hitmaker branded British journalist Katie Nicholl a "lying c**t" in the astonishing outburst, after Nicholl wrote a report claiming Allen is planning to marry her partner Sam Cooper next year.
But within hours of posting the abusive message on Sunday, November 28, Allen took it to the microblogging website again to claim Nicholl had objected to the remarks and threatened legal action if they were not removed. Allen wrote that she would "amend" the comments - but still left her insults in the post.
She wrote, "Kati Nichol (sic) has been in touch and has threatened to consult her lawyer if i don't take that tweet down. She thinks it was too heavy handed. So i'll amend it. Katie Nicholl I THINK you're a c**t, leave me out of your sh**ty column, you know nothing about the intimate details of my life. There's a time and a place for your musings where i'm concerned, and it's not now."
Allen is currently recovering from the devastating loss of her baby after she suffered a miscarriage in October, six months into her pregnancy.
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd