Lily Allen Threatened by Journalist After Twitter Rant
Singer Lily Allen has toned down a foul-mouthed rant at a journalist on Twitter.com after the female columnist threatened to call in her lawyers. The "Smile" hitmaker branded British journalist Katie Nicholl a "lying c**t" in the astonishing outburst, after Nicholl wrote a report claiming Allen is planning to marry her partner Sam Cooper next year.
But within hours of posting the abusive message on Sunday, November 28, Allen took it to the microblogging website again to claim Nicholl had objected to the remarks and threatened legal action if they were not removed. Allen wrote that she would "amend" the comments - but still left her insults in the post.
She wrote, "Kati Nichol (sic) has been in touch and has threatened to consult her lawyer if i don't take that tweet down. She thinks it was too heavy handed. So i'll amend it. Katie Nicholl I THINK you're a c**t, leave me out of your sh**ty column, you know nothing about the intimate details of my life. There's a time and a place for your musings where i'm concerned, and it's not now."
Allen is currently recovering from the devastating loss of her baby after she suffered a miscarriage in October, six months into her pregnancy.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding