Annie Lennox: My Life Would Have Been Easier If I Was Gay
Twice-divorced singer Annie Lennox has branded men "a huge disappointment", insisting her life would have been "easier" if she was gay. The singer divorced her first husband, Radha Raman, in 1985 after a year-long union, and her second marriage to record producer Uri Fruchtman collapsed in 2000 after 12 years.
Lennox, 55, is currently single and fears she may never find lasting love - and she's convinced she would have more chance of a happy ending if she was a lesbian. She tells Britain's Saga magazine, "It's not like I think being gay could be an alternative, 'cos it isn't. I sometimes wish it would have been 'cos it would have made life easier..."
"I wouldn't want to disallow the possibility of falling in love again, but I think that for 90, maybe even 95 per cent, of women, men are a huge disappointment in relationship terms. (But) I'm not a man-hater, let me say that. I love men, love their company."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences