Guest Editor Elton John Won't Write About Royal Wedding
Elton John insists he'll contain his excitement about the 2011 royal wedding when he guest edits an upcoming issue of British newspaper The Independent - because he fears the media has gone overboard with its coverage of the big news.
The knighted pop superstar, who was a friend of groom-to-be Prince William's late mother Princess Diana - and performed at her funeral, insists he won't be turning his special issue into a royal wedding tribute. He says, "There's not going to be much about the royal wedding in there. I think we've had enough of that for the time being."
But Elton is hoping to be able to perform at the nuptials, which will take place in London next April. He jokes, "I'll probably be busking outside." The "Rocket Man" hitmaker is expected to be right at the top of William's wish list as he plans his wedding to fiancee Kate Middleton.
Elton, who performed a reworked version of his classic "Candle in the Wind" at Diana's 1997 funeral, will guest edit The Independent newspaper on December 1 - World Aids Day. All circulation revenue from that day's edition will go towards the Rocket Man's AIDS foundation.
More Elton John News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media