Guest Editor Elton John Won't Write About Royal Wedding
Elton John insists he'll contain his excitement about the 2011 royal wedding when he guest edits an upcoming issue of British newspaper The Independent - because he fears the media has gone overboard with its coverage of the big news.
The knighted pop superstar, who was a friend of groom-to-be Prince William's late mother Princess Diana - and performed at her funeral, insists he won't be turning his special issue into a royal wedding tribute. He says, "There's not going to be much about the royal wedding in there. I think we've had enough of that for the time being."
But Elton is hoping to be able to perform at the nuptials, which will take place in London next April. He jokes, "I'll probably be busking outside." The "Rocket Man" hitmaker is expected to be right at the top of William's wish list as he plans his wedding to fiancee Kate Middleton.
Elton, who performed a reworked version of his classic "Candle in the Wind" at Diana's 1997 funeral, will guest edit The Independent newspaper on December 1 - World Aids Day. All circulation revenue from that day's edition will go towards the Rocket Man's AIDS foundation.
More Elton John News
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'