Guest Editor Elton John Won't Write About Royal Wedding
Elton John insists he'll contain his excitement about the 2011 royal wedding when he guest edits an upcoming issue of British newspaper The Independent - because he fears the media has gone overboard with its coverage of the big news.
The knighted pop superstar, who was a friend of groom-to-be Prince William's late mother Princess Diana - and performed at her funeral, insists he won't be turning his special issue into a royal wedding tribute. He says, "There's not going to be much about the royal wedding in there. I think we've had enough of that for the time being."
But Elton is hoping to be able to perform at the nuptials, which will take place in London next April. He jokes, "I'll probably be busking outside." The "Rocket Man" hitmaker is expected to be right at the top of William's wish list as he plans his wedding to fiancee Kate Middleton.
Elton, who performed a reworked version of his classic "Candle in the Wind" at Diana's 1997 funeral, will guest edit The Independent newspaper on December 1 - World Aids Day. All circulation revenue from that day's edition will go towards the Rocket Man's AIDS foundation.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic