Guest Editor Elton John Won't Write About Royal Wedding
Elton John insists he'll contain his excitement about the 2011 royal wedding when he guest edits an upcoming issue of British newspaper The Independent - because he fears the media has gone overboard with its coverage of the big news.
The knighted pop superstar, who was a friend of groom-to-be Prince William's late mother Princess Diana - and performed at her funeral, insists he won't be turning his special issue into a royal wedding tribute. He says, "There's not going to be much about the royal wedding in there. I think we've had enough of that for the time being."
But Elton is hoping to be able to perform at the nuptials, which will take place in London next April. He jokes, "I'll probably be busking outside." The "Rocket Man" hitmaker is expected to be right at the top of William's wish list as he plans his wedding to fiancee Kate Middleton.
Elton, who performed a reworked version of his classic "Candle in the Wind" at Diana's 1997 funeral, will guest edit The Independent newspaper on December 1 - World Aids Day. All circulation revenue from that day's edition will go towards the Rocket Man's AIDS foundation.
More Elton John News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage