President Obama Elbowed in a Basketball Game
U.S. President Barack Obama is nursing a cut lip after he was injured in a basketball game on Friday, November 26 morning. The politician was taking part in a holiday game at Fort McNair in Washington, D.C. when another player elbowed him in the face.
Obama brushed off the mishap and finished the court session before seeking medical attention upon his return to the White House, where doctors gave him 12 stitches.
In a statement issued on Friday, White House Press Secretary Robin Gibbs says, "After being inadvertently hit with an opposing player's elbow in the lip while playing basketball with friends and family, the President received 12 stitches today administered by the White House Medical Unit."
The White House at first did not identify the person who gave Obama the injury. But later, administration officials released a statement from Rey Decerega, the director of programs for the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. "I learned today the president is both a tough competitor and a good sport. I enjoyed playing basketball with him this morning," Decerega said. "I'm sure he'll be back out on the court again soon."
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified