President Obama Elbowed in a Basketball Game
U.S. President Barack Obama is nursing a cut lip after he was injured in a basketball game on Friday, November 26 morning. The politician was taking part in a holiday game at Fort McNair in Washington, D.C. when another player elbowed him in the face.
Obama brushed off the mishap and finished the court session before seeking medical attention upon his return to the White House, where doctors gave him 12 stitches.
In a statement issued on Friday, White House Press Secretary Robin Gibbs says, "After being inadvertently hit with an opposing player's elbow in the lip while playing basketball with friends and family, the President received 12 stitches today administered by the White House Medical Unit."
The White House at first did not identify the person who gave Obama the injury. But later, administration officials released a statement from Rey Decerega, the director of programs for the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. "I learned today the president is both a tough competitor and a good sport. I enjoyed playing basketball with him this morning," Decerega said. "I'm sure he'll be back out on the court again soon."
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together