President Obama Elbowed in a Basketball Game
U.S. President Barack Obama is nursing a cut lip after he was injured in a basketball game on Friday, November 26 morning. The politician was taking part in a holiday game at Fort McNair in Washington, D.C. when another player elbowed him in the face.
Obama brushed off the mishap and finished the court session before seeking medical attention upon his return to the White House, where doctors gave him 12 stitches.
In a statement issued on Friday, White House Press Secretary Robin Gibbs says, "After being inadvertently hit with an opposing player's elbow in the lip while playing basketball with friends and family, the President received 12 stitches today administered by the White House Medical Unit."
The White House at first did not identify the person who gave Obama the injury. But later, administration officials released a statement from Rey Decerega, the director of programs for the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. "I learned today the president is both a tough competitor and a good sport. I enjoyed playing basketball with him this morning," Decerega said. "I'm sure he'll be back out on the court again soon."
More Barack Obama News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?