President Obama Elbowed in a Basketball Game
U.S. President Barack Obama is nursing a cut lip after he was injured in a basketball game on Friday, November 26 morning. The politician was taking part in a holiday game at Fort McNair in Washington, D.C. when another player elbowed him in the face.
Obama brushed off the mishap and finished the court session before seeking medical attention upon his return to the White House, where doctors gave him 12 stitches.
In a statement issued on Friday, White House Press Secretary Robin Gibbs says, "After being inadvertently hit with an opposing player's elbow in the lip while playing basketball with friends and family, the President received 12 stitches today administered by the White House Medical Unit."
The White House at first did not identify the person who gave Obama the injury. But later, administration officials released a statement from Rey Decerega, the director of programs for the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. "I learned today the president is both a tough competitor and a good sport. I enjoyed playing basketball with him this morning," Decerega said. "I'm sure he'll be back out on the court again soon."
More Barack Obama News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture