Cathy Moriarty Stopped Joining Robert De Niro's Binges After Getting Fat
Cathy Moriarty showed Robert De Niro moral support by joining him in junk food binges on the set of "Raging Bull" - but quit when she piled on the pounds. De Niro famously put on five stone (70 pounds) to play fallen boxer Jake LaMotta in the 1980 movie, and Moriarty - who played his wife, Vikki - gorged on her favorite cheesecake and milkshakes to support her co-star's efforts.
But the actress, who was just 18 when she was cast in the role, eventually had to leave De Niro to binge on his own - because the fatty diet was ruining her figure. She tells BlackBookMag.com, "I played (Vikki) from ages 15 to 35, so it was kind of hard. But it was a hell of a lot harder for Bob to gain all of that weight."
"As he transitioned, he started drinking milkshakes and eating cheesecake, which I loved having also. Then I realized my a** was getting fat and I told him he had to gain the weight by himself!"
- Comic-Con: 'Stargate' Is Revived With Prequel Series on Digital Platform
- Braless Ariel Winter Flaunts Major Sideboob in Barely-There Top
- Comic-Con: 'Marvel's Inhumans' Trailer Shows Medusa's Power and Ellen Woglom's Mystery Character
- Kevin Hart Denies Cheating Accusations: 'It's Absolutely Not True'
- SyFy's Krypton First Epic Teaser Trailer Is Here!
- Comic-Con: 'Doctor Doom' Solo Movie in the Works From 'Legion' Creator
- 'The Originals' to End After 5 Seasons
- Listen to Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha's Emotional Duet 'Back to You'