Cathy Moriarty Stopped Joining Robert De Niro's Binges After Getting Fat
Cathy Moriarty showed Robert De Niro moral support by joining him in junk food binges on the set of "Raging Bull" - but quit when she piled on the pounds. De Niro famously put on five stone (70 pounds) to play fallen boxer Jake LaMotta in the 1980 movie, and Moriarty - who played his wife, Vikki - gorged on her favorite cheesecake and milkshakes to support her co-star's efforts.
But the actress, who was just 18 when she was cast in the role, eventually had to leave De Niro to binge on his own - because the fatty diet was ruining her figure. She tells BlackBookMag.com, "I played (Vikki) from ages 15 to 35, so it was kind of hard. But it was a hell of a lot harder for Bob to gain all of that weight."
"As he transitioned, he started drinking milkshakes and eating cheesecake, which I loved having also. Then I realized my a** was getting fat and I told him he had to gain the weight by himself!"
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce