Cathy Moriarty Stopped Joining Robert De Niro's Binges After Getting Fat
Cathy Moriarty showed Robert De Niro moral support by joining him in junk food binges on the set of "Raging Bull" - but quit when she piled on the pounds. De Niro famously put on five stone (70 pounds) to play fallen boxer Jake LaMotta in the 1980 movie, and Moriarty - who played his wife, Vikki - gorged on her favorite cheesecake and milkshakes to support her co-star's efforts.
But the actress, who was just 18 when she was cast in the role, eventually had to leave De Niro to binge on his own - because the fatty diet was ruining her figure. She tells BlackBookMag.com, "I played (Vikki) from ages 15 to 35, so it was kind of hard. But it was a hell of a lot harder for Bob to gain all of that weight."
"As he transitioned, he started drinking milkshakes and eating cheesecake, which I loved having also. Then I realized my a** was getting fat and I told him he had to gain the weight by himself!"
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart