Cathy Moriarty Stopped Joining Robert De Niro's Binges After Getting Fat
Cathy Moriarty showed Robert De Niro moral support by joining him in junk food binges on the set of "Raging Bull" - but quit when she piled on the pounds. De Niro famously put on five stone (70 pounds) to play fallen boxer Jake LaMotta in the 1980 movie, and Moriarty - who played his wife, Vikki - gorged on her favorite cheesecake and milkshakes to support her co-star's efforts.
But the actress, who was just 18 when she was cast in the role, eventually had to leave De Niro to binge on his own - because the fatty diet was ruining her figure. She tells BlackBookMag.com, "I played (Vikki) from ages 15 to 35, so it was kind of hard. But it was a hell of a lot harder for Bob to gain all of that weight."
"As he transitioned, he started drinking milkshakes and eating cheesecake, which I loved having also. Then I realized my a** was getting fat and I told him he had to gain the weight by himself!"
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'