Mel Gibson Left Crew in Tears During 'Lethal Weapon' Filming
Mel Gibson was so intense during the filming of "Lethal Weapon", he left crewmembers in tears with his portrayal of unhinged cop Martin Riggs. The actor surprised his co-stars and director Richard Donner with his emotional performance as the suicidal sergeant, and several of the crew wept during a scene where Riggs contemplated shooting himself following the death of his wife.
Donner tells Total Film magazine, "The camera was shaking because I'm crying, the operator's crying. And I start to get worried about Mel. (He) hit (himself) with (the gun)! And this was after the take was over."
"Lethal Weapon" starred Mel Gibson and Danny Glover as a mismatched pair of LAPD detectives who are hell bent on protecting and serving despite their differences. The buddy cop action film was released in 1987.
More Mel Gibson News
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower