Mel Gibson Left Crew in Tears During 'Lethal Weapon' Filming
Mel Gibson was so intense during the filming of "Lethal Weapon", he left crewmembers in tears with his portrayal of unhinged cop Martin Riggs. The actor surprised his co-stars and director Richard Donner with his emotional performance as the suicidal sergeant, and several of the crew wept during a scene where Riggs contemplated shooting himself following the death of his wife.
Donner tells Total Film magazine, "The camera was shaking because I'm crying, the operator's crying. And I start to get worried about Mel. (He) hit (himself) with (the gun)! And this was after the take was over."
"Lethal Weapon" starred Mel Gibson and Danny Glover as a mismatched pair of LAPD detectives who are hell bent on protecting and serving despite their differences. The buddy cop action film was released in 1987.
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image