Mel Gibson Left Crew in Tears During 'Lethal Weapon' Filming
Mel Gibson was so intense during the filming of "Lethal Weapon", he left crewmembers in tears with his portrayal of unhinged cop Martin Riggs. The actor surprised his co-stars and director Richard Donner with his emotional performance as the suicidal sergeant, and several of the crew wept during a scene where Riggs contemplated shooting himself following the death of his wife.
Donner tells Total Film magazine, "The camera was shaking because I'm crying, the operator's crying. And I start to get worried about Mel. (He) hit (himself) with (the gun)! And this was after the take was over."
"Lethal Weapon" starred Mel Gibson and Danny Glover as a mismatched pair of LAPD detectives who are hell bent on protecting and serving despite their differences. The buddy cop action film was released in 1987.
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC