Mel Gibson Left Crew in Tears During 'Lethal Weapon' Filming
Mel Gibson was so intense during the filming of "Lethal Weapon", he left crewmembers in tears with his portrayal of unhinged cop Martin Riggs. The actor surprised his co-stars and director Richard Donner with his emotional performance as the suicidal sergeant, and several of the crew wept during a scene where Riggs contemplated shooting himself following the death of his wife.
Donner tells Total Film magazine, "The camera was shaking because I'm crying, the operator's crying. And I start to get worried about Mel. (He) hit (himself) with (the gun)! And this was after the take was over."
"Lethal Weapon" starred Mel Gibson and Danny Glover as a mismatched pair of LAPD detectives who are hell bent on protecting and serving despite their differences. The buddy cop action film was released in 1987.
More Mel Gibson News
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now