Mel Gibson Left Crew in Tears During 'Lethal Weapon' Filming
Mel Gibson was so intense during the filming of "Lethal Weapon", he left crewmembers in tears with his portrayal of unhinged cop Martin Riggs. The actor surprised his co-stars and director Richard Donner with his emotional performance as the suicidal sergeant, and several of the crew wept during a scene where Riggs contemplated shooting himself following the death of his wife.
Donner tells Total Film magazine, "The camera was shaking because I'm crying, the operator's crying. And I start to get worried about Mel. (He) hit (himself) with (the gun)! And this was after the take was over."
"Lethal Weapon" starred Mel Gibson and Danny Glover as a mismatched pair of LAPD detectives who are hell bent on protecting and serving despite their differences. The buddy cop action film was released in 1987.
More Mel Gibson News
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21