Bruce Lee Movie Approved by 'Pleased' Family
Bruce Lee's family is "very pleased" with a new biopic about the late martial arts star, according to director Raymond Yip. "Bruce Lee, My Brother" tells the life story of the movie legend, who died at the age of 32 in 1973.
It has been put together with the authorization of Lee's relatives, including his siblings Phoebe, Agnes and Robert, who all contributed their memories and personal stories to help filmmaker Yip tell the truth about Lee's early years. And Yip reveals the family is very happy with the final result.
He tells the Hollywood Reporter, "The Lee family supplied us with all the details and the tidbits (sic) of their family life. So we took great care to be loyal to the truth and avoid anything that felt fake, which made it rather difficult for us in terms of creating the structure of the script. But the Lee family was very pleased with the result, especially with how close it was to what actually happened."
The moviemaker also claims Robert was stunned by how much actor Aarif Rahman, who plays the lead role in the biopic, looks like his late brother. Yip adds, "(Everybody) including Lee's brother Robert... (was) quite amazed by how much Aarif resembles Bruce. No one can say for sure whether an actor really embodies Bruce's spirit except for his family. So it was a go from then on."
The film is released this month to mark what would have been Lee's 70th birthday on Sunday, November 28.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl