Susan Boyle Buys Car Despite Unable to Drive
Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyleis investing a chunk of her fortune in a new car - and she's even paying for a chauffeur to transport her around as she can't drive. The star shot to fame last year on U.K. TV show "Britain's Got Talent" and she has since earned more than $15 million from personal appearances and her successful debut album, "I Dreamed a Dream".
Despite living on a meagre $450 weekly allowance handed to her by her management team, Boyle is planning to use some of her cash to buy a car - but she has no plans to take to the wheel herself. She tells Britain's The Sun. "Me on the road? Aaaargh no! I'd rather be driven. They'd be saying, 'Get her off the road now!' "
"A car is purely a necessity - I can't drive and I'm not going on buses. When I go on buses there are always problems with people going, 'Oh, there's that lass (woman), she used to be on the telly'."
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Continue Their Love Affair With a Trip to Mall