Susan Boyle Buys Car Despite Unable to Drive
Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyleis investing a chunk of her fortune in a new car - and she's even paying for a chauffeur to transport her around as she can't drive. The star shot to fame last year on U.K. TV show "Britain's Got Talent" and she has since earned more than $15 million from personal appearances and her successful debut album, "I Dreamed a Dream".
Despite living on a meagre $450 weekly allowance handed to her by her management team, Boyle is planning to use some of her cash to buy a car - but she has no plans to take to the wheel herself. She tells Britain's The Sun. "Me on the road? Aaaargh no! I'd rather be driven. They'd be saying, 'Get her off the road now!' "
"A car is purely a necessity - I can't drive and I'm not going on buses. When I go on buses there are always problems with people going, 'Oh, there's that lass (woman), she used to be on the telly'."
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization