Susan Boyle Buys Car Despite Unable to Drive
Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyleis investing a chunk of her fortune in a new car - and she's even paying for a chauffeur to transport her around as she can't drive. The star shot to fame last year on U.K. TV show "Britain's Got Talent" and she has since earned more than $15 million from personal appearances and her successful debut album, "I Dreamed a Dream".
Despite living on a meagre $450 weekly allowance handed to her by her management team, Boyle is planning to use some of her cash to buy a car - but she has no plans to take to the wheel herself. She tells Britain's The Sun. "Me on the road? Aaaargh no! I'd rather be driven. They'd be saying, 'Get her off the road now!' "
"A car is purely a necessity - I can't drive and I'm not going on buses. When I go on buses there are always problems with people going, 'Oh, there's that lass (woman), she used to be on the telly'."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'