Susan Boyle Buys Car Despite Unable to Drive
Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyleis investing a chunk of her fortune in a new car - and she's even paying for a chauffeur to transport her around as she can't drive. The star shot to fame last year on U.K. TV show "Britain's Got Talent" and she has since earned more than $15 million from personal appearances and her successful debut album, "I Dreamed a Dream".
Despite living on a meagre $450 weekly allowance handed to her by her management team, Boyle is planning to use some of her cash to buy a car - but she has no plans to take to the wheel herself. She tells Britain's The Sun. "Me on the road? Aaaargh no! I'd rather be driven. They'd be saying, 'Get her off the road now!' "
"A car is purely a necessity - I can't drive and I'm not going on buses. When I go on buses there are always problems with people going, 'Oh, there's that lass (woman), she used to be on the telly'."
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale