Four Minutes of Racy Film 'A Serbian Film' Are Cut
Bosses behind controversial new horror movie "A Serbian Film" have been forced back to the editing suite to remove a number of gory scenes in a bid to secure a release in Britain. The dark new thriller, directed by Srdjan Spasojevic, tells the story of a washed-up porn star who is unwittingly drafted into a snuff movie, and it has already provoked outrage across Europe.
The picture was banned from a film festival in Spain earlier this month, while U.K. officials stopped a planned screening at London's recent Frightfest movie event. Executives at the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) objected to the level of sex and violence shown onscreen and demanded a number of scenes be removed.
A BBFC spokeswoman says, "A number of cuts were required to remove elements of sexual violence that tend to eroticise or endorse sexual violence." Over four minutes of footage has been cut and the film is now set for a December release.
A spokesman for the film's distribution company, Revolver Entertainment, says, "Revolver remain committed to releasing the closest possible version of the film to the director's original cut. The company recognizes that the film is an uncompromising, artistic and political statement from a unique film-making vision and remains fully supportive to (sic) the director."
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!
- Courtney Stodden Exposes Her Nipple in Racy Corset Dress While Attending Oscars Party
- Nicki Minaj Wears Skimpy Bodysuit on Set of New Music Video
- 'Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper's Back at Home After Suffering Heart Attack: 'I'm Feeling Better'
- Here's Why Jennifer Aniston's Oscars Gown Looks Familiar: It Was First Worn by Jennifer Lopez
- Mahershala Ali to Play Two Roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': Drax Annoys the Gang in New Trailer Preview
- Katy Perry Accidentally Flashes Her Bare Butt as She Reunites With Orlando Bloom at Oscars Party