Adrian Smith Cancels His Side Project Debut
Iron Maiden guitarist Adrian Smith has canceled a gig with his side project The Primal Rock Rebellion after the "under the radar" show became too widely publicized. Smith has been writing and recording music with Sikth rockers Mikee W. Goodman, James Leach and Dan Foord, along with Murder One's Dan Marshall and Vacant Stare's James Manning for the last two years.
They were planning to make their live debut on January 15 in High Wycombe, England - but Smith has now decided to axe the gig because it has become "unviable". He has spoken out to clarify his involvement, insisting it "is not a band" and he is committed to performing with Iron Maiden.
A message posted on the Iron Maiden website reads, "Following the many news stories and speculation on metal websites around the world over the last couple of days, Adrian called and asked us to explain to you fans more fully about his involvement with The Primal Rock Rebellion, his current side project outside of Maiden..."
"Adrian was keen to stress that The Primal Rock Rebellion is not a band, but a studio project with Mikee. The pair had been planning a one-off 'under the radar' gig at the Wycombe Bucks Student Union, along with some fellow musician friends, mainly for fun and also to try out some of the material live."
"However, due to the show being inadvertently advertised, it has since become unviable to proceed with this idea. Full refunds are available from point of purchase for anyone who bought tickets. Adrian would like to make it clear he has no touring plans at the moment other than those with Iron Maiden, who embark on an extensive world tour in early 2011."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3