Weird Al Yankovic Regrets Refusing Offer to Promote Beer
Comedy singer Weird Al Yankovic regrets turning down $5 million to promote a beer company - because the cash would have been "handy". The funnyman, famous for his parodies of songs by stars including Michael Jackson and Nirvana, was offered a huge pay cheque to become the commercial face of an unnamed alcohol firm.
He refused the offer on moral grounds - but now admits he regrets his decision every day. Yankovic tells Mojo magazine, "I don't have a whole lot of regrets. A number of years ago a beer company offered me five million dollars, back when that was a lot of money, to be their commercial spokesperson."
"I turned it down because a lot of my fans were young and impressionable, so ethically I believe I did the right thing, but not a day goes by when I don't think, 'Hmm, an extra five million dollars would really come in handy'."
More Weird Al Yankovic News
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch