Weird Al Yankovic Regrets Refusing Offer to Promote Beer
Comedy singer Weird Al Yankovic regrets turning down $5 million to promote a beer company - because the cash would have been "handy". The funnyman, famous for his parodies of songs by stars including Michael Jackson and Nirvana, was offered a huge pay cheque to become the commercial face of an unnamed alcohol firm.
He refused the offer on moral grounds - but now admits he regrets his decision every day. Yankovic tells Mojo magazine, "I don't have a whole lot of regrets. A number of years ago a beer company offered me five million dollars, back when that was a lot of money, to be their commercial spokesperson."
"I turned it down because a lot of my fans were young and impressionable, so ethically I believe I did the right thing, but not a day goes by when I don't think, 'Hmm, an extra five million dollars would really come in handy'."
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl