Weird Al Yankovic Regrets Refusing Offer to Promote Beer
Comedy singer Weird Al Yankovic regrets turning down $5 million to promote a beer company - because the cash would have been "handy". The funnyman, famous for his parodies of songs by stars including Michael Jackson and Nirvana, was offered a huge pay cheque to become the commercial face of an unnamed alcohol firm.
He refused the offer on moral grounds - but now admits he regrets his decision every day. Yankovic tells Mojo magazine, "I don't have a whole lot of regrets. A number of years ago a beer company offered me five million dollars, back when that was a lot of money, to be their commercial spokesperson."
"I turned it down because a lot of my fans were young and impressionable, so ethically I believe I did the right thing, but not a day goes by when I don't think, 'Hmm, an extra five million dollars would really come in handy'."
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?