Weird Al Yankovic Regrets Refusing Offer to Promote Beer
Comedy singer Weird Al Yankovic regrets turning down $5 million to promote a beer company - because the cash would have been "handy". The funnyman, famous for his parodies of songs by stars including Michael Jackson and Nirvana, was offered a huge pay cheque to become the commercial face of an unnamed alcohol firm.
He refused the offer on moral grounds - but now admits he regrets his decision every day. Yankovic tells Mojo magazine, "I don't have a whole lot of regrets. A number of years ago a beer company offered me five million dollars, back when that was a lot of money, to be their commercial spokesperson."
"I turned it down because a lot of my fans were young and impressionable, so ethically I believe I did the right thing, but not a day goes by when I don't think, 'Hmm, an extra five million dollars would really come in handy'."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival