Weird Al Yankovic Regrets Refusing Offer to Promote Beer
Comedy singer Weird Al Yankovic regrets turning down $5 million to promote a beer company - because the cash would have been "handy". The funnyman, famous for his parodies of songs by stars including Michael Jackson and Nirvana, was offered a huge pay cheque to become the commercial face of an unnamed alcohol firm.
He refused the offer on moral grounds - but now admits he regrets his decision every day. Yankovic tells Mojo magazine, "I don't have a whole lot of regrets. A number of years ago a beer company offered me five million dollars, back when that was a lot of money, to be their commercial spokesperson."
"I turned it down because a lot of my fans were young and impressionable, so ethically I believe I did the right thing, but not a day goes by when I don't think, 'Hmm, an extra five million dollars would really come in handy'."
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too