Paris Hilton Refused to Allow Veterinarians to Kill Kinkajou That Might Have Rabies
Socialite Paris Hilton refused to allow veterinarians to put down her pet Kinkajou after it went "crazy" and attacked her leg, despite fearing the raccoon-like animal had rabies. The star was forced to seek medical treatment after the exotic animal, named Baby Luv, sunk its teeth into her flesh in 2006, but she objected to medics' suggestions to kill the animal even though it posed a risk of spreading disease.
She tells U.S. talk show host Jimmy Kimmel, "I still have it. I have two of them at my ranch. It got a little crazy one night. Like ending up in the hospital crazy. It bit me! It bit my leg, and I thought it had rabies. So I said, 'We have to figure out if it has rabies, how do we do that?' "
"And they said, 'We have to cut its head open.' I was like, 'Well is it going to live?' And they said, 'No!' So I was like, 'Then we're not doing that! I don't care if it has rabies or not!' " But Hilton insists she made the right choice - because the Kinkajou was not infected and neither was she, "It didn't have rabies, obviously, I'm here today."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet