Paris Hilton Refused to Allow Veterinarians to Kill Kinkajou That Might Have Rabies
Socialite Paris Hilton refused to allow veterinarians to put down her pet Kinkajou after it went "crazy" and attacked her leg, despite fearing the raccoon-like animal had rabies. The star was forced to seek medical treatment after the exotic animal, named Baby Luv, sunk its teeth into her flesh in 2006, but she objected to medics' suggestions to kill the animal even though it posed a risk of spreading disease.
She tells U.S. talk show host Jimmy Kimmel, "I still have it. I have two of them at my ranch. It got a little crazy one night. Like ending up in the hospital crazy. It bit me! It bit my leg, and I thought it had rabies. So I said, 'We have to figure out if it has rabies, how do we do that?' "
"And they said, 'We have to cut its head open.' I was like, 'Well is it going to live?' And they said, 'No!' So I was like, 'Then we're not doing that! I don't care if it has rabies or not!' " But Hilton insists she made the right choice - because the Kinkajou was not infected and neither was she, "It didn't have rabies, obviously, I'm here today."
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host