Christy Martin's Stab Injuries Not 'Life-Threatening'
Former female boxing champ Christy Martin is expected to make a full recovery after suffering "non life-threatening" injuries when she was reportedly shot and stabbed by her husband. Martin stumbled out onto the street, where she managed to flag down a passing motorist who took her to an Orange County medical center to seek treatment on Wednesday, November 24, reports TMZ.com.
She spoke to police and identified her husband, trainer James Martin, as the attacker and cops are now on the hunt for the 66 year old. Her spokesperson tells the website Martin is coherent and "will be okay", adding the injuries "are not life-threatening".
Martin, who held the World Boxing Council Women's Jr. Welterweight world championship title in the early 1990s, is widely regarded as one of the most successful and prominent female boxers of all time.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?