Christy Martin's Stab Injuries Not 'Life-Threatening'
Former female boxing champ Christy Martin is expected to make a full recovery after suffering "non life-threatening" injuries when she was reportedly shot and stabbed by her husband. Martin stumbled out onto the street, where she managed to flag down a passing motorist who took her to an Orange County medical center to seek treatment on Wednesday, November 24, reports TMZ.com.
She spoke to police and identified her husband, trainer James Martin, as the attacker and cops are now on the hunt for the 66 year old. Her spokesperson tells the website Martin is coherent and "will be okay", adding the injuries "are not life-threatening".
Martin, who held the World Boxing Council Women's Jr. Welterweight world championship title in the early 1990s, is widely regarded as one of the most successful and prominent female boxers of all time.
- Tarek and Christina El Moussa 'Desperately Trying' to Stay in the Limelight by Eying Solo Shows
- Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
- Listen to Lana Del Rey's Long-Awaited Dreamy Song 'Love'
- Liam Payne Is Doing Home Renovation Before Cheryl Gives Birth
- Britney Spears Bares Her Naked Body in NSFW Instagram Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.11 Sneak Peeks: What Happens to Dwight After Daryl's Escape?
- Madonna's New Twins Singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' Are Just Too Cute
- Report: Louis Tomlinson Rekindles Romance With Eleanor Calder Two Years After Split