Christy Martin's Stab Injuries Not 'Life-Threatening'
Former female boxing champ Christy Martin is expected to make a full recovery after suffering "non life-threatening" injuries when she was reportedly shot and stabbed by her husband. Martin stumbled out onto the street, where she managed to flag down a passing motorist who took her to an Orange County medical center to seek treatment on Wednesday, November 24, reports TMZ.com.
She spoke to police and identified her husband, trainer James Martin, as the attacker and cops are now on the hunt for the 66 year old. Her spokesperson tells the website Martin is coherent and "will be okay", adding the injuries "are not life-threatening".
Martin, who held the World Boxing Council Women's Jr. Welterweight world championship title in the early 1990s, is widely regarded as one of the most successful and prominent female boxers of all time.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'