Christy Martin's Stab Injuries Not 'Life-Threatening'
Former female boxing champ Christy Martin is expected to make a full recovery after suffering "non life-threatening" injuries when she was reportedly shot and stabbed by her husband. Martin stumbled out onto the street, where she managed to flag down a passing motorist who took her to an Orange County medical center to seek treatment on Wednesday, November 24, reports TMZ.com.
She spoke to police and identified her husband, trainer James Martin, as the attacker and cops are now on the hunt for the 66 year old. Her spokesperson tells the website Martin is coherent and "will be okay", adding the injuries "are not life-threatening".
Martin, who held the World Boxing Council Women's Jr. Welterweight world championship title in the early 1990s, is widely regarded as one of the most successful and prominent female boxers of all time.
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'