Christy Martin's Stab Injuries Not 'Life-Threatening'
Former female boxing champ Christy Martin is expected to make a full recovery after suffering "non life-threatening" injuries when she was reportedly shot and stabbed by her husband. Martin stumbled out onto the street, where she managed to flag down a passing motorist who took her to an Orange County medical center to seek treatment on Wednesday, November 24, reports TMZ.com.
She spoke to police and identified her husband, trainer James Martin, as the attacker and cops are now on the hunt for the 66 year old. Her spokesperson tells the website Martin is coherent and "will be okay", adding the injuries "are not life-threatening".
Martin, who held the World Boxing Council Women's Jr. Welterweight world championship title in the early 1990s, is widely regarded as one of the most successful and prominent female boxers of all time.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed