Jeremy Renner Offends Cher With 'Ma'am'
Actor Jeremy Renner received a harsh lesson in the art of romance from pop superstar Cher on Wednesday, November 24 when he discovered women do not like to be addressed as "ma'am". The stars were both guests on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and Renner was discussing his heist film "The Town" with the presenter when Cher quizzed him about the reality of the movie, about a group of career criminals who target banks in Boston, Massachusetts.
Interrupting Leno's interview with "The Hurt Locker" star, Cher asked, "Isn't it hard with technology? You can just go in with guns and do that?" Turning to the singer/actress, Renner replied, "Yes ma'am."
But he soon learned to drop the abbreviated term for madam from his vocabulary after telling Leno, "Chicks dig that!", prompting Cher to set him straight and exclaim, "No they don't! No, no, no!" And a surprised Renner took the news in his stride, quipping, "No wonder I'm single!"
More Jeremy Renner News
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M