Jeremy Renner Offends Cher With 'Ma'am'
Actor Jeremy Renner received a harsh lesson in the art of romance from pop superstar Cher on Wednesday, November 24 when he discovered women do not like to be addressed as "ma'am". The stars were both guests on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and Renner was discussing his heist film "The Town" with the presenter when Cher quizzed him about the reality of the movie, about a group of career criminals who target banks in Boston, Massachusetts.
Interrupting Leno's interview with "The Hurt Locker" star, Cher asked, "Isn't it hard with technology? You can just go in with guns and do that?" Turning to the singer/actress, Renner replied, "Yes ma'am."
But he soon learned to drop the abbreviated term for madam from his vocabulary after telling Leno, "Chicks dig that!", prompting Cher to set him straight and exclaim, "No they don't! No, no, no!" And a surprised Renner took the news in his stride, quipping, "No wonder I'm single!"
More Jeremy Renner News
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch