Jeremy Renner Offends Cher With 'Ma'am'
Actor Jeremy Renner received a harsh lesson in the art of romance from pop superstar Cher on Wednesday, November 24 when he discovered women do not like to be addressed as "ma'am". The stars were both guests on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and Renner was discussing his heist film "The Town" with the presenter when Cher quizzed him about the reality of the movie, about a group of career criminals who target banks in Boston, Massachusetts.
Interrupting Leno's interview with "The Hurt Locker" star, Cher asked, "Isn't it hard with technology? You can just go in with guns and do that?" Turning to the singer/actress, Renner replied, "Yes ma'am."
But he soon learned to drop the abbreviated term for madam from his vocabulary after telling Leno, "Chicks dig that!", prompting Cher to set him straight and exclaim, "No they don't! No, no, no!" And a surprised Renner took the news in his stride, quipping, "No wonder I'm single!"
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival