Jeremy Renner Offends Cher With 'Ma'am'
Actor Jeremy Renner received a harsh lesson in the art of romance from pop superstar Cher on Wednesday, November 24 when he discovered women do not like to be addressed as "ma'am". The stars were both guests on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and Renner was discussing his heist film "The Town" with the presenter when Cher quizzed him about the reality of the movie, about a group of career criminals who target banks in Boston, Massachusetts.
Interrupting Leno's interview with "The Hurt Locker" star, Cher asked, "Isn't it hard with technology? You can just go in with guns and do that?" Turning to the singer/actress, Renner replied, "Yes ma'am."
But he soon learned to drop the abbreviated term for madam from his vocabulary after telling Leno, "Chicks dig that!", prompting Cher to set him straight and exclaim, "No they don't! No, no, no!" And a surprised Renner took the news in his stride, quipping, "No wonder I'm single!"
More Jeremy Renner News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo