Jeremy Renner Offends Cher With 'Ma'am'
Actor Jeremy Renner received a harsh lesson in the art of romance from pop superstar Cher on Wednesday, November 24 when he discovered women do not like to be addressed as "ma'am". The stars were both guests on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and Renner was discussing his heist film "The Town" with the presenter when Cher quizzed him about the reality of the movie, about a group of career criminals who target banks in Boston, Massachusetts.
Interrupting Leno's interview with "The Hurt Locker" star, Cher asked, "Isn't it hard with technology? You can just go in with guns and do that?" Turning to the singer/actress, Renner replied, "Yes ma'am."
But he soon learned to drop the abbreviated term for madam from his vocabulary after telling Leno, "Chicks dig that!", prompting Cher to set him straight and exclaim, "No they don't! No, no, no!" And a surprised Renner took the news in his stride, quipping, "No wonder I'm single!"
More Jeremy Renner News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service