John Lydon Defends Expensive Price Tag of His Book
Punk legend John Lydon has defended the $675 price tag of his new photobook - insisting he will not be making any money from the publication. The Sex Pistols frontman has released a limited edition tome, "Mr Rotten's Scrapbook", which contains paintings, sketches, a vinyl disc of live songs, and handwritten notes from the star.
It costs $568 to pre-order and will go up to $673 from December 1, but Lydon is adamant the cover price is justified - because the book was "extremely expensive" to put together. He tells Mojo magazine, "It's been extremely expensive to make. There won't be no (sic) profit margin to speak of."
"We've put it together ourselves. It is chunky - it has to be to fit in the 12-inch vinyl... So yeah, this is a family book, for fans. Those who want to join in, that's the cost. I'm not asking you to buy it, you don't have to."
Publishers of the book have also included a fun competition for fans - 100 copies contain Willy Wonka-style golden tickets which entitle the winner to a 10-minute webchat with Lydon.
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular