John Lydon Defends Expensive Price Tag of His Book
Punk legend John Lydon has defended the $675 price tag of his new photobook - insisting he will not be making any money from the publication. The Sex Pistols frontman has released a limited edition tome, "Mr Rotten's Scrapbook", which contains paintings, sketches, a vinyl disc of live songs, and handwritten notes from the star.
It costs $568 to pre-order and will go up to $673 from December 1, but Lydon is adamant the cover price is justified - because the book was "extremely expensive" to put together. He tells Mojo magazine, "It's been extremely expensive to make. There won't be no (sic) profit margin to speak of."
"We've put it together ourselves. It is chunky - it has to be to fit in the 12-inch vinyl... So yeah, this is a family book, for fans. Those who want to join in, that's the cost. I'm not asking you to buy it, you don't have to."
Publishers of the book have also included a fun competition for fans - 100 copies contain Willy Wonka-style golden tickets which entitle the winner to a 10-minute webchat with Lydon.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'