Billy Joel Doing Well Post Hip Surgery
Rocker Billy Joel is recuperating "extremely well" after undergoing hip surgery in New York over the weekend. The "Piano Man" has been hobbling around with a cane due to a congenital hip ailment in recent weeks and he checked himself into a hospital in Long Island on Saturday, November 20 to have the problem fixed.
Joel is now spending the Thanksgiving holiday recovering from the operation. His spokesperson, Claire Mercuri, tells People.com, "Billy Joel is doing extremely well following bilateral hip replacement." It is not known how long it will be until Joel is well enough to take to the stage again.
Before the surgery, Joel toured this year and was recently promoting the documentary film "The Last Play at Shea."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'