Billy Joel Doing Well Post Hip Surgery
Rocker Billy Joel is recuperating "extremely well" after undergoing hip surgery in New York over the weekend. The "Piano Man" has been hobbling around with a cane due to a congenital hip ailment in recent weeks and he checked himself into a hospital in Long Island on Saturday, November 20 to have the problem fixed.
Joel is now spending the Thanksgiving holiday recovering from the operation. His spokesperson, Claire Mercuri, tells People.com, "Billy Joel is doing extremely well following bilateral hip replacement." It is not known how long it will be until Joel is well enough to take to the stage again.
Before the surgery, Joel toured this year and was recently promoting the documentary film "The Last Play at Shea."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3