Billy Joel Doing Well Post Hip Surgery
Rocker Billy Joel is recuperating "extremely well" after undergoing hip surgery in New York over the weekend. The "Piano Man" has been hobbling around with a cane due to a congenital hip ailment in recent weeks and he checked himself into a hospital in Long Island on Saturday, November 20 to have the problem fixed.
Joel is now spending the Thanksgiving holiday recovering from the operation. His spokesperson, Claire Mercuri, tells People.com, "Billy Joel is doing extremely well following bilateral hip replacement." It is not known how long it will be until Joel is well enough to take to the stage again.
Before the surgery, Joel toured this year and was recently promoting the documentary film "The Last Play at Shea."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival