Billy Joel Doing Well Post Hip Surgery
Rocker Billy Joel is recuperating "extremely well" after undergoing hip surgery in New York over the weekend. The "Piano Man" has been hobbling around with a cane due to a congenital hip ailment in recent weeks and he checked himself into a hospital in Long Island on Saturday, November 20 to have the problem fixed.
Joel is now spending the Thanksgiving holiday recovering from the operation. His spokesperson, Claire Mercuri, tells People.com, "Billy Joel is doing extremely well following bilateral hip replacement." It is not known how long it will be until Joel is well enough to take to the stage again.
Before the surgery, Joel toured this year and was recently promoting the documentary film "The Last Play at Shea."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences