Billy Joel Doing Well Post Hip Surgery
Rocker Billy Joel is recuperating "extremely well" after undergoing hip surgery in New York over the weekend. The "Piano Man" has been hobbling around with a cane due to a congenital hip ailment in recent weeks and he checked himself into a hospital in Long Island on Saturday, November 20 to have the problem fixed.
Joel is now spending the Thanksgiving holiday recovering from the operation. His spokesperson, Claire Mercuri, tells People.com, "Billy Joel is doing extremely well following bilateral hip replacement." It is not known how long it will be until Joel is well enough to take to the stage again.
Before the surgery, Joel toured this year and was recently promoting the documentary film "The Last Play at Shea."
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'