Rihanna: I Could Be a Mom in a Year From Now
Rihanna is beginning to think about starting a family with baseball player boyfriend Matt Kemp, but insists she'd have to put her career on hold to become a mum. The pop star, who debuted her new album "Loud" in the U.S. top five on Wednesday, insists she's not pregnant right now but accepts she could be a first-time mum in a year.
She tells Interview magazine, "It could be a year from now. It could be 10 years from now. Whenever is right. I mean, I have a lot of other stuff to accomplish before I get to kids. Whenever the time is right, I'll just know." And she insists she'll make a great mum - unless her first child is a daughter: "If I had a girl, she'd probably be really rebellious. She would be like a bundle of karma."
Rihanna is also considering where she'd like to raise a family, admitting her dream of returning home to Barbados is a little far fetched. She adds, "I can't live that far away from everything now, without kids, so I certainly couldn't raise kids (there) with the demanding schedule that I have."
More Rihanna News
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday