Garth Brooks Sent Oprah Winfrey Flowers as He Owes Gratitude
Country icon Garth Brooks has paid tribute to pal Oprah Winfrey for making a friend's dying wish come true. Winfrey quizzed the star about why he sent her a bouquet of flowers recently for no apparent reason when Brooks appeared on her show on Wednesday, November 24 - and he revealed he owes the talk show queen a huge debt of gratitude.
He said, "One of my best buddies, Kent Blazy, is a songwriter; he wrote a song called 'If Tomorrow Never Comes'... His wife worshiped you... She dealt with brain tumors most of the adult life that I knew Kent, and you were very sweet to let her come and be here at this show."
"When she came back and told me it was the highlight of her life, beings that I was in her life a lot... You have a gift that lets people think and believe with all that they should that anything's possible, you just do. That's what you bring. So the roses were just to say thanks."
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts