Garth Brooks Sent Oprah Winfrey Flowers as He Owes Gratitude
Country icon Garth Brooks has paid tribute to pal Oprah Winfrey for making a friend's dying wish come true. Winfrey quizzed the star about why he sent her a bouquet of flowers recently for no apparent reason when Brooks appeared on her show on Wednesday, November 24 - and he revealed he owes the talk show queen a huge debt of gratitude.
He said, "One of my best buddies, Kent Blazy, is a songwriter; he wrote a song called 'If Tomorrow Never Comes'... His wife worshiped you... She dealt with brain tumors most of the adult life that I knew Kent, and you were very sweet to let her come and be here at this show."
"When she came back and told me it was the highlight of her life, beings that I was in her life a lot... You have a gift that lets people think and believe with all that they should that anything's possible, you just do. That's what you bring. So the roses were just to say thanks."
More Garth Brooks News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl