Garth Brooks Sent Oprah Winfrey Flowers as He Owes Gratitude
Country icon Garth Brooks has paid tribute to pal Oprah Winfrey for making a friend's dying wish come true. Winfrey quizzed the star about why he sent her a bouquet of flowers recently for no apparent reason when Brooks appeared on her show on Wednesday, November 24 - and he revealed he owes the talk show queen a huge debt of gratitude.
He said, "One of my best buddies, Kent Blazy, is a songwriter; he wrote a song called 'If Tomorrow Never Comes'... His wife worshiped you... She dealt with brain tumors most of the adult life that I knew Kent, and you were very sweet to let her come and be here at this show."
"When she came back and told me it was the highlight of her life, beings that I was in her life a lot... You have a gift that lets people think and believe with all that they should that anything's possible, you just do. That's what you bring. So the roses were just to say thanks."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show