Boxing Champ Christy Martin Shot and Stabbed by Husband
Former female boxing champ Christy Martin has been hospitalized in Florida after she was reportedly shot and stabbed by her husband. The sportswoman stumbled out onto the street, where she managed to flag down a passing motorist who took her to an Orange County medical center to seek treatment.
She spoke to police and identified trainer James Martin as the attacker and cops are now on the hunt for the 66 year old. Martin, who held the World Boxing Council Women's Jr. Welterweight world championship title in the early 1990s, is widely regarded as one of the most successful and prominent female boxers of all time.
Her one-time promoter Don King has sent his best wishes to the 42 year old as she recovers from her injuries. He tells TMZ, "I am shocked and saddened to see this happen to Christie. I send my prayers and well wishes."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season