Boxing Champ Christy Martin Shot and Stabbed by Husband
Former female boxing champ Christy Martin has been hospitalized in Florida after she was reportedly shot and stabbed by her husband. The sportswoman stumbled out onto the street, where she managed to flag down a passing motorist who took her to an Orange County medical center to seek treatment.
She spoke to police and identified trainer James Martin as the attacker and cops are now on the hunt for the 66 year old. Martin, who held the World Boxing Council Women's Jr. Welterweight world championship title in the early 1990s, is widely regarded as one of the most successful and prominent female boxers of all time.
Her one-time promoter Don King has sent his best wishes to the 42 year old as she recovers from her injuries. He tells TMZ, "I am shocked and saddened to see this happen to Christie. I send my prayers and well wishes."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival