Boxing Champ Christy Martin Shot and Stabbed by Husband
Former female boxing champ Christy Martin has been hospitalized in Florida after she was reportedly shot and stabbed by her husband. The sportswoman stumbled out onto the street, where she managed to flag down a passing motorist who took her to an Orange County medical center to seek treatment.
She spoke to police and identified trainer James Martin as the attacker and cops are now on the hunt for the 66 year old. Martin, who held the World Boxing Council Women's Jr. Welterweight world championship title in the early 1990s, is widely regarded as one of the most successful and prominent female boxers of all time.
Her one-time promoter Don King has sent his best wishes to the 42 year old as she recovers from her injuries. He tells TMZ, "I am shocked and saddened to see this happen to Christie. I send my prayers and well wishes."
- Beyonce Delays Start of Her Minneapolis Concert due to Storm
- Kelly Osbourne Retaliates Against Ozzy's Alleged Mistress. How?
- Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. Fly to California to Surprise Cancer-Stricken Fan
- New 'Halloween' Movie Is in the Works With the Original's Helmer Attached
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Blac Chyna Shares First Ultrasound Picture Along With Sweet Message for Rob Kardashian
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise