Boxing Champ Christy Martin Shot and Stabbed by Husband
Former female boxing champ Christy Martin has been hospitalized in Florida after she was reportedly shot and stabbed by her husband. The sportswoman stumbled out onto the street, where she managed to flag down a passing motorist who took her to an Orange County medical center to seek treatment.
She spoke to police and identified trainer James Martin as the attacker and cops are now on the hunt for the 66 year old. Martin, who held the World Boxing Council Women's Jr. Welterweight world championship title in the early 1990s, is widely regarded as one of the most successful and prominent female boxers of all time.
Her one-time promoter Don King has sent his best wishes to the 42 year old as she recovers from her injuries. He tells TMZ, "I am shocked and saddened to see this happen to Christie. I send my prayers and well wishes."
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Attend Rob's Wedding, Says He's 'Full of Bulls**t'
- Lea Michele Teases 'Scream Queens' Season 2 With This Picture
- Ariel Winter Announces She's Single With Kim Kardashian Meme. See the Funny Clip!
- Watch Beyonce, Desiigner, Bryson Tiller Rock the 2016 BET Awards
- 'Finding Dory' Beats 'Independence Day: Resurgence' at Box Office
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family