Boxing Champ Christy Martin Shot and Stabbed by Husband
Former female boxing champ Christy Martin has been hospitalized in Florida after she was reportedly shot and stabbed by her husband. The sportswoman stumbled out onto the street, where she managed to flag down a passing motorist who took her to an Orange County medical center to seek treatment.
She spoke to police and identified trainer James Martin as the attacker and cops are now on the hunt for the 66 year old. Martin, who held the World Boxing Council Women's Jr. Welterweight world championship title in the early 1990s, is widely regarded as one of the most successful and prominent female boxers of all time.
Her one-time promoter Don King has sent his best wishes to the 42 year old as she recovers from her injuries. He tells TMZ, "I am shocked and saddened to see this happen to Christie. I send my prayers and well wishes."
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular