World-Famous Hindu Temple Named After Angelina Jolie
Angelina Jolie has been handed a major unofficial honor in her adopted son Maddox's native Cambodia - a world-famous Hindu temple has been named after her. Rajan Zed, the president of the Universal Society of Hinduism, tells WENN the movie star is so beloved in Cambodia one religious site in Angkor has been renamed the Angelina Jolie Temple.
He says, "It's a 12th century site called Ta Prohm; it is otherwise known as Old Brahma and was initially named Rajavihara or the royal monastery. Now it's popularly called the Angelina Jolie Temple. It was said to be the setting for various scenes in the first 'Tomb Raider' film... Local restaurants sell 'Tomb Raider' cocktails and she appears to be the patron saint of Cambodia."
Zed insists the unofficial renaming comes with a great responsibility and he'd like the actress to consider helping to maintain the ancient site. He adds, "I'd urge Angelina Jolie to raise awareness about better preservation of this world heritage as more needs to be done to safeguard the temple complex and its surroundings, save it from vandalism and looting."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen DeGeneres Breaks Record With 20th Win
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel Are Trying for Baby No. 2
- Khloe Kardashian Is 'Thrilled' She's Expecting First Child With Tristan Thompson
- Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Movie Will Feature Miles Morales as the Lead
- People's Choice Awards 2017: J.Lo, Blake Lively, Kristen Bell Stun on Red Carpet
- Grammy Awards 2017: John Legend, Metallica Among First Performers Announced
- Is Charlize Theron's Adopted Son Becoming a Girl? He Wears Box Braids and Pink Outfit