World-Famous Hindu Temple Named After Angelina Jolie
Angelina Jolie has been handed a major unofficial honor in her adopted son Maddox's native Cambodia - a world-famous Hindu temple has been named after her. Rajan Zed, the president of the Universal Society of Hinduism, tells WENN the movie star is so beloved in Cambodia one religious site in Angkor has been renamed the Angelina Jolie Temple.
He says, "It's a 12th century site called Ta Prohm; it is otherwise known as Old Brahma and was initially named Rajavihara or the royal monastery. Now it's popularly called the Angelina Jolie Temple. It was said to be the setting for various scenes in the first 'Tomb Raider' film... Local restaurants sell 'Tomb Raider' cocktails and she appears to be the patron saint of Cambodia."
Zed insists the unofficial renaming comes with a great responsibility and he'd like the actress to consider helping to maintain the ancient site. He adds, "I'd urge Angelina Jolie to raise awareness about better preservation of this world heritage as more needs to be done to safeguard the temple complex and its surroundings, save it from vandalism and looting."
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation