Paris Hilton Files Counter-Suit Against Hair Extension Company
Socialite Paris Hilton has filed a counter-suit against the bosses of a hair extension company in an ongoing breach of contract dispute. The hotel heiress was paid $3.5 million in 2007 to endorse Hairtech's Dream Catchers range, but Hairtech International executives slapped her with legal papers in August, accusing Hilton of reneging on her contract by allegedly wearing competitors' pieces.
Hilton's attorneys vowed to fight the $35 million suit, insisting it lacked merit, and last Friday, November 19, they followed through on the promise by challenging the charges in Los Angeles Superior Court.
In the counter-suit, obtained by TMZ, Hilton claims she was "professional and honorable" in her promotion of the Hairtech product, and she was even praised by the company's boss in an email after a promo shoot. She is demanding $3 million in compensation, in addition to punitive damages.
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory