Paris Hilton Files Counter-Suit Against Hair Extension Company
Socialite Paris Hilton has filed a counter-suit against the bosses of a hair extension company in an ongoing breach of contract dispute. The hotel heiress was paid $3.5 million in 2007 to endorse Hairtech's Dream Catchers range, but Hairtech International executives slapped her with legal papers in August, accusing Hilton of reneging on her contract by allegedly wearing competitors' pieces.
Hilton's attorneys vowed to fight the $35 million suit, insisting it lacked merit, and last Friday, November 19, they followed through on the promise by challenging the charges in Los Angeles Superior Court.
In the counter-suit, obtained by TMZ, Hilton claims she was "professional and honorable" in her promotion of the Hairtech product, and she was even praised by the company's boss in an email after a promo shoot. She is demanding $3 million in compensation, in addition to punitive damages.
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary