Rhymefest and Lupe Fiasco Have Started Giving Away Free Turkeys
Rapper-turned-politician Rhymefest has recruited pal Lupe Fiasco to help him win support in his run for office in his native Chicago, Illinois this Thanksgiving - by handing out free food to locals who register to vote.
Rhymefest, real name Che Smith, formally entered the race to become an alderman for the 20th Ward at the Chicago City Council in October and he is hoping to boost voter participation in the February 2011 elections by enticing Chicago residents with free food to celebrate the American holiday.
The duo started giving out free turkeys and cheesecakes on Wednesday, November 24, a day before Thursday's holiday, from the south to West Side of Chicago. For the charity project, Rhymefest urged people to donate to aim20.com.
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment