Rhymefest and Lupe Fiasco Have Started Giving Away Free Turkeys
Rapper-turned-politician Rhymefest has recruited pal Lupe Fiasco to help him win support in his run for office in his native Chicago, Illinois this Thanksgiving - by handing out free food to locals who register to vote.
Rhymefest, real name Che Smith, formally entered the race to become an alderman for the 20th Ward at the Chicago City Council in October and he is hoping to boost voter participation in the February 2011 elections by enticing Chicago residents with free food to celebrate the American holiday.
The duo started giving out free turkeys and cheesecakes on Wednesday, November 24, a day before Thursday's holiday, from the south to West Side of Chicago. For the charity project, Rhymefest urged people to donate to aim20.com.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'