Rhymefest and Lupe Fiasco Have Started Giving Away Free Turkeys
Rapper-turned-politician Rhymefest has recruited pal Lupe Fiasco to help him win support in his run for office in his native Chicago, Illinois this Thanksgiving - by handing out free food to locals who register to vote.
Rhymefest, real name Che Smith, formally entered the race to become an alderman for the 20th Ward at the Chicago City Council in October and he is hoping to boost voter participation in the February 2011 elections by enticing Chicago residents with free food to celebrate the American holiday.
The duo started giving out free turkeys and cheesecakes on Wednesday, November 24, a day before Thursday's holiday, from the south to West Side of Chicago. For the charity project, Rhymefest urged people to donate to aim20.com.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia