Rhymefest and Lupe Fiasco Have Started Giving Away Free Turkeys
Rapper-turned-politician Rhymefest has recruited pal Lupe Fiasco to help him win support in his run for office in his native Chicago, Illinois this Thanksgiving - by handing out free food to locals who register to vote.
Rhymefest, real name Che Smith, formally entered the race to become an alderman for the 20th Ward at the Chicago City Council in October and he is hoping to boost voter participation in the February 2011 elections by enticing Chicago residents with free food to celebrate the American holiday.
The duo started giving out free turkeys and cheesecakes on Wednesday, November 24, a day before Thursday's holiday, from the south to West Side of Chicago. For the charity project, Rhymefest urged people to donate to aim20.com.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet