Bail Request Rejected, DMX Stays in Jail
Rapper DMX has been ordered by an Arizona judge to remain behind bars until his December court date to face charges of parole violation. The hip-hop star, real name Earl Simmons, is facing another eight months behind bars following his arrest on November 18 in Pheonix, Arizona. He is accused of breaking the terms of his probation by using cocaine and painkiller OxyContin, driving on a suspended licence and failing to check in with his probation officer.
He appeared in a Phoenix courtroom on Wednesday morning, November 24 and denied the claims, while his lawyer asked for bail. But court commissioner Christine Mulleneaux rejected the request and ruled the rapper would continue to be held without bail at Lower Buckeye Jail in Mariciopa County until his next hearing, set for December 9.
DMX has been in and out of jail this year and completed his most recent prison stint in August after serving 18 days of a 90-day sentence in connection with a reckless driving conviction from 2002.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri