Bail Request Rejected, DMX Stays in Jail
Rapper DMX has been ordered by an Arizona judge to remain behind bars until his December court date to face charges of parole violation. The hip-hop star, real name Earl Simmons, is facing another eight months behind bars following his arrest on November 18 in Pheonix, Arizona. He is accused of breaking the terms of his probation by using cocaine and painkiller OxyContin, driving on a suspended licence and failing to check in with his probation officer.
He appeared in a Phoenix courtroom on Wednesday morning, November 24 and denied the claims, while his lawyer asked for bail. But court commissioner Christine Mulleneaux rejected the request and ruled the rapper would continue to be held without bail at Lower Buckeye Jail in Mariciopa County until his next hearing, set for December 9.
DMX has been in and out of jail this year and completed his most recent prison stint in August after serving 18 days of a 90-day sentence in connection with a reckless driving conviction from 2002.
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her
- Video Premiere: Chris Brown's 'Grass Ain't Greener'
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'