Bail Request Rejected, DMX Stays in Jail
Rapper DMX has been ordered by an Arizona judge to remain behind bars until his December court date to face charges of parole violation. The hip-hop star, real name Earl Simmons, is facing another eight months behind bars following his arrest on November 18 in Pheonix, Arizona. He is accused of breaking the terms of his probation by using cocaine and painkiller OxyContin, driving on a suspended licence and failing to check in with his probation officer.
He appeared in a Phoenix courtroom on Wednesday morning, November 24 and denied the claims, while his lawyer asked for bail. But court commissioner Christine Mulleneaux rejected the request and ruled the rapper would continue to be held without bail at Lower Buckeye Jail in Mariciopa County until his next hearing, set for December 9.
DMX has been in and out of jail this year and completed his most recent prison stint in August after serving 18 days of a 90-day sentence in connection with a reckless driving conviction from 2002.
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full