Bail Request Rejected, DMX Stays in Jail
Rapper DMX has been ordered by an Arizona judge to remain behind bars until his December court date to face charges of parole violation. The hip-hop star, real name Earl Simmons, is facing another eight months behind bars following his arrest on November 18 in Pheonix, Arizona. He is accused of breaking the terms of his probation by using cocaine and painkiller OxyContin, driving on a suspended licence and failing to check in with his probation officer.
He appeared in a Phoenix courtroom on Wednesday morning, November 24 and denied the claims, while his lawyer asked for bail. But court commissioner Christine Mulleneaux rejected the request and ruled the rapper would continue to be held without bail at Lower Buckeye Jail in Mariciopa County until his next hearing, set for December 9.
DMX has been in and out of jail this year and completed his most recent prison stint in August after serving 18 days of a 90-day sentence in connection with a reckless driving conviction from 2002.
- Amber Rose Holds Hands With a Man While Leaving Nightclub
- J.Lo Premieres Heartbreaking Spanish Ballad 'Mirate' at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Nick Cannon Blasts Nicki Minaj's Booty on 'The Wendy Williams Show'
- First Look at Bobbi Kristina Brown Biopic Revealed
- Tilda Swinton Talks About Pig Dreams in Bizzare Viral Video for 'Okja'
- Dream Comes True! Kylie Jenner to Give Travis Scott a Horse for His 25th Birthday
- Listen to Katy Perry's Seductive Song 'Bon Appetit' Ft. Migos
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie