Butch Patrick 'Lucky to Be Alive' After Nearly Overdosing
Former child star Butch Patrick is "lucky to be alive" after almost overdosing on drugs days after walking out of a rehabilitation centre in New Jersey earlier this month. The 57 year old, who played Eddie Munster on "The Munsters", has long battled problems with cocaine, marijuana and alcohol.
He voluntarily checked into a treatment center in New Jersey to conquer his demons, but quit the program shortly afterwards and embarked on a near-fatal drink and drugs binge on November 18. His representative Jodi Ritzen tells Eonline.com, "(Patrick) not only continued with drugs and alcohol but started to black out and make rash decisions while under the influence, causing him to nearly overdose last Thursday evening."
Patrick's family and friends staged an intervention after the actor flew to Los Angeles, and they convinced him to enroll in a new substance abuse course to deal with his issues. The troubled star agreed, and he will now stay at the Oasis centre in Orange County, California for "a minimum of 30 days with seven days in detox", according to Ritzen.
She adds, "With the amount of alcohol and drugs that Patrick was consuming, especially having only one kidney, he is lucky to be alive."
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof