Butch Patrick 'Lucky to Be Alive' After Nearly Overdosing
Former child star Butch Patrick is "lucky to be alive" after almost overdosing on drugs days after walking out of a rehabilitation centre in New Jersey earlier this month. The 57 year old, who played Eddie Munster on "The Munsters", has long battled problems with cocaine, marijuana and alcohol.
He voluntarily checked into a treatment center in New Jersey to conquer his demons, but quit the program shortly afterwards and embarked on a near-fatal drink and drugs binge on November 18. His representative Jodi Ritzen tells Eonline.com, "(Patrick) not only continued with drugs and alcohol but started to black out and make rash decisions while under the influence, causing him to nearly overdose last Thursday evening."
Patrick's family and friends staged an intervention after the actor flew to Los Angeles, and they convinced him to enroll in a new substance abuse course to deal with his issues. The troubled star agreed, and he will now stay at the Oasis centre in Orange County, California for "a minimum of 30 days with seven days in detox", according to Ritzen.
She adds, "With the amount of alcohol and drugs that Patrick was consuming, especially having only one kidney, he is lucky to be alive."
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service