Butch Patrick 'Lucky to Be Alive' After Nearly Overdosing
Former child star Butch Patrick is "lucky to be alive" after almost overdosing on drugs days after walking out of a rehabilitation centre in New Jersey earlier this month. The 57 year old, who played Eddie Munster on "The Munsters", has long battled problems with cocaine, marijuana and alcohol.
He voluntarily checked into a treatment center in New Jersey to conquer his demons, but quit the program shortly afterwards and embarked on a near-fatal drink and drugs binge on November 18. His representative Jodi Ritzen tells Eonline.com, "(Patrick) not only continued with drugs and alcohol but started to black out and make rash decisions while under the influence, causing him to nearly overdose last Thursday evening."
Patrick's family and friends staged an intervention after the actor flew to Los Angeles, and they convinced him to enroll in a new substance abuse course to deal with his issues. The troubled star agreed, and he will now stay at the Oasis centre in Orange County, California for "a minimum of 30 days with seven days in detox", according to Ritzen.
She adds, "With the amount of alcohol and drugs that Patrick was consuming, especially having only one kidney, he is lucky to be alive."
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective