Denise Richards to Fully Co-Operate With Cops in Charlie Sheen Hotel Case
Denise Richards is working with New York police detectives investigating a harassment complaint filed against her ex-husband Charlie Sheen following an incident in a hotel room with adult actress Capri Anderson. The "Two and a Half Men" star hit headlines in October when cops were called to his suite at Manhattan's plush Plaza Hotel over reports he had trashed his room during a night of passion with Anderson.
She claimed she was forced to lock herself in the bathroom after the actor accused her of taking his watch and began hurling insults at her and throwing items around the suite. The 22 year old subsequently filed a second-degree harassment charge against Sheen. Richards had visited her ex-husband on the day of the alleged incident and is said to have been staying across the hall from Sheen's hotel room when the fallout occurred.
Sources tell TMZ.com the former Bond girl went into Sheen's room after the altercation to see if there was anything that could be gathered as evidence in a police investigation. Richards' representatives were contacted by investigators on Tuesday, November 23 and the actress has agreed to "fully co-operate" with the case.
Detectives have also contacted Sheen's manager, Mark Burg, to ask for an interview in connection with Anderson's criminal complaint, according to the website. Initial reports suggested Anderson would file a complaint against Sheen for battery and false imprisonment, but the New York Post states the brunette made no claim that the TV star had injured her.
Sheen's lawyers have strongly denied the accusations and filed their own lawsuit in Los Angeles on Monday, November 22, accusing Anderson of extortion. His lawsuit seeks unspecified damages, as well as "compensatory damages" of at least $165,000 for the watch he claims Anderson took during their encounter.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen