Noel Gallagher Working His Solo Debut Album With Last Shadow Puppets
Noel Gallagher is moving on from Oasis by starting work on his first solo album, recruiting The Last Shadow Puppets star Miles Kane as a collaborator for his debut. Gallagher stunned fans when he quit Oasis in August last year following a fight with his singer brother Liam.
The band subsequently split and Liam Gallagher recently returned to the music scene with a new group, Beady Eye, while Noel has now begun to record new material. Kane reveals he played guitar on one of Noel's new tracks as a favor after the rocker helped out by providing vocals for his own solo offering.
He says, "I was mixing the record and I was going to do these harmonies to give it a boost - it was a bit flat. I text him (Gallagher) saying, 'I need some icing on this tune' and he said, 'Icing is what I do very well.' It's only a really subtle thing on the middle eight and the chorus of this song called My Fantasy. It's nice, I'm very honored that he did it. It's a nice little touch."
"(In return) I play guitar on one of his songs for his album. I was only in there (in the studio) for a couple of hours. I did my thing. That was in return for me going on his one."
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board