Noel Gallagher Working His Solo Debut Album With Last Shadow Puppets
Noel Gallagher is moving on from Oasis by starting work on his first solo album, recruiting The Last Shadow Puppets star Miles Kane as a collaborator for his debut. Gallagher stunned fans when he quit Oasis in August last year following a fight with his singer brother Liam.
The band subsequently split and Liam Gallagher recently returned to the music scene with a new group, Beady Eye, while Noel has now begun to record new material. Kane reveals he played guitar on one of Noel's new tracks as a favor after the rocker helped out by providing vocals for his own solo offering.
He says, "I was mixing the record and I was going to do these harmonies to give it a boost - it was a bit flat. I text him (Gallagher) saying, 'I need some icing on this tune' and he said, 'Icing is what I do very well.' It's only a really subtle thing on the middle eight and the chorus of this song called My Fantasy. It's nice, I'm very honored that he did it. It's a nice little touch."
"(In return) I play guitar on one of his songs for his album. I was only in there (in the studio) for a couple of hours. I did my thing. That was in return for me going on his one."
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri