Noel Gallagher Working His Solo Debut Album With Last Shadow Puppets
Noel Gallagher is moving on from Oasis by starting work on his first solo album, recruiting The Last Shadow Puppets star Miles Kane as a collaborator for his debut. Gallagher stunned fans when he quit Oasis in August last year following a fight with his singer brother Liam.
The band subsequently split and Liam Gallagher recently returned to the music scene with a new group, Beady Eye, while Noel has now begun to record new material. Kane reveals he played guitar on one of Noel's new tracks as a favor after the rocker helped out by providing vocals for his own solo offering.
He says, "I was mixing the record and I was going to do these harmonies to give it a boost - it was a bit flat. I text him (Gallagher) saying, 'I need some icing on this tune' and he said, 'Icing is what I do very well.' It's only a really subtle thing on the middle eight and the chorus of this song called My Fantasy. It's nice, I'm very honored that he did it. It's a nice little touch."
"(In return) I play guitar on one of his songs for his album. I was only in there (in the studio) for a couple of hours. I did my thing. That was in return for me going on his one."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie