Axl Rose Sues Guitar Hero Bosses for Alleged Breach of Contract and Fraud
Axl Rose is suing the bosses behind popular game series Guitar Hero for more than $20 million for alleged breach of contract and fraud. The Guns N' Roses frontman filed a lawsuit on Tuesday, November 23 at Los Angeles Superior Court claiming Activision Blizzard chiefs "fraudulently induced" him into authorizing the band's song "Welcome to the Jungle" in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.
Rose claims bosses promised him the game wouldn't feature any reference to his former bandmate Slash or the guitarist's band Velvet Revolver, before releasing a cover featuring "an animated depiction of Slash, with his signature black top hat, long dark curly hair, dark sunglasses and nose-piercing".
The lawsuit states, "(Activision Blizzard) began spinning a web of lies and deception to conceal its true intentions to not only feature Slash and VR (Velvet Revolver) prominently in GH III, but also promote the game by emphasizing and reinforcing an association between Slash and Guns N' Roses and the band's song 'Welcome to the Jungle'."
Rose's lawyer, Skip Miller, adds, "This lawsuit is about protecting Guns N' Roses and 'Welcome to the Jungle', and is about holding Activision accountable for its misuse of these incredibly valuable assets. The relief we are seeking is disgorgement of profits and compensatory and punitive damages." Rose is seeking $20 million in damages from sales of the hit game.
More Axl Rose News
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump