Gladys Knight Recycles Trash for New Jewelry Line
Soul icon Gladys Knight has launched an environmentally-friendly jewelery line. The singer has teamed up with the elders of an African tribe who craft trash into rings, necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
She says, "I wanted to do something to be green and I met this company... and they were doing some wonderful things with an African tribe in Ghana and they were recycling all these wonderful materials and I wanted a line like that, so we came together with this tribe and they get part of this money."
Gladys Knight has recently been chosen to perform on the fabled Apollo Theater's first float at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thursday, November 25. "I was so excited when I got that call... The Apollo was more more than just a theater; they were mentors for us. They taught us things. I love the Apollo," she gushed.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding