Gladys Knight Recycles Trash for New Jewelry Line
Soul icon Gladys Knight has launched an environmentally-friendly jewelery line. The singer has teamed up with the elders of an African tribe who craft trash into rings, necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
She says, "I wanted to do something to be green and I met this company... and they were doing some wonderful things with an African tribe in Ghana and they were recycling all these wonderful materials and I wanted a line like that, so we came together with this tribe and they get part of this money."
Gladys Knight has recently been chosen to perform on the fabled Apollo Theater's first float at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thursday, November 25. "I was so excited when I got that call... The Apollo was more more than just a theater; they were mentors for us. They taught us things. I love the Apollo," she gushed.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip