Gladys Knight Recycles Trash for New Jewelry Line
Soul icon Gladys Knight has launched an environmentally-friendly jewelery line. The singer has teamed up with the elders of an African tribe who craft trash into rings, necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
She says, "I wanted to do something to be green and I met this company... and they were doing some wonderful things with an African tribe in Ghana and they were recycling all these wonderful materials and I wanted a line like that, so we came together with this tribe and they get part of this money."
Gladys Knight has recently been chosen to perform on the fabled Apollo Theater's first float at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thursday, November 25. "I was so excited when I got that call... The Apollo was more more than just a theater; they were mentors for us. They taught us things. I love the Apollo," she gushed.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars