Gladys Knight Recycles Trash for New Jewelry Line
Soul icon Gladys Knight has launched an environmentally-friendly jewelery line. The singer has teamed up with the elders of an African tribe who craft trash into rings, necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
She says, "I wanted to do something to be green and I met this company... and they were doing some wonderful things with an African tribe in Ghana and they were recycling all these wonderful materials and I wanted a line like that, so we came together with this tribe and they get part of this money."
Gladys Knight has recently been chosen to perform on the fabled Apollo Theater's first float at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thursday, November 25. "I was so excited when I got that call... The Apollo was more more than just a theater; they were mentors for us. They taught us things. I love the Apollo," she gushed.
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy