Gladys Knight Recycles Trash for New Jewelry Line
Soul icon Gladys Knight has launched an environmentally-friendly jewelery line. The singer has teamed up with the elders of an African tribe who craft trash into rings, necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
She says, "I wanted to do something to be green and I met this company... and they were doing some wonderful things with an African tribe in Ghana and they were recycling all these wonderful materials and I wanted a line like that, so we came together with this tribe and they get part of this money."
Gladys Knight has recently been chosen to perform on the fabled Apollo Theater's first float at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thursday, November 25. "I was so excited when I got that call... The Apollo was more more than just a theater; they were mentors for us. They taught us things. I love the Apollo," she gushed.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift