Christina Aguilera Struggled to See Movie Debut 'Burlesque'
Christina Aguilera had to be coerced into watching her big screen debut in "Burlesque" - because she's so "critical" of her own performances. The "Genie in a Bottle" hitmaker plays a small-town girl struggling to make it as a dancer in the new movie, also starring Cher and Kristen Bell.
Aguilera admits she was wracked with nerves about appearing alongside such established names - and she was worried about seeing her turn in the film for the first time. She explains, "I'm very critical of myself. I had to drag my feet to even see the screening to 'Burlesque'. First of all, it's my first big movie. I'm starring in it opposite Cher, Stanley Tucci, Kristen Bell, you've got all these amazing players in the movie and then there's me - a first timer."
"I opened up and gave my all to it but it's so hard - I don't even watch my own performances back when I am in my comfort zone on stage and on tour - once it's out of me and done I have to let it live in the universe cos if I watch it back I will critique myself to death."
More Christina Aguilera News
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die