Christina Aguilera Struggled to See Movie Debut 'Burlesque'
Christina Aguilera had to be coerced into watching her big screen debut in "Burlesque" - because she's so "critical" of her own performances. The "Genie in a Bottle" hitmaker plays a small-town girl struggling to make it as a dancer in the new movie, also starring Cher and Kristen Bell.
Aguilera admits she was wracked with nerves about appearing alongside such established names - and she was worried about seeing her turn in the film for the first time. She explains, "I'm very critical of myself. I had to drag my feet to even see the screening to 'Burlesque'. First of all, it's my first big movie. I'm starring in it opposite Cher, Stanley Tucci, Kristen Bell, you've got all these amazing players in the movie and then there's me - a first timer."
"I opened up and gave my all to it but it's so hard - I don't even watch my own performances back when I am in my comfort zone on stage and on tour - once it's out of me and done I have to let it live in the universe cos if I watch it back I will critique myself to death."
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant