Christina Aguilera Struggled to See Movie Debut 'Burlesque'
Christina Aguilera had to be coerced into watching her big screen debut in "Burlesque" - because she's so "critical" of her own performances. The "Genie in a Bottle" hitmaker plays a small-town girl struggling to make it as a dancer in the new movie, also starring Cher and Kristen Bell.
Aguilera admits she was wracked with nerves about appearing alongside such established names - and she was worried about seeing her turn in the film for the first time. She explains, "I'm very critical of myself. I had to drag my feet to even see the screening to 'Burlesque'. First of all, it's my first big movie. I'm starring in it opposite Cher, Stanley Tucci, Kristen Bell, you've got all these amazing players in the movie and then there's me - a first timer."
"I opened up and gave my all to it but it's so hard - I don't even watch my own performances back when I am in my comfort zone on stage and on tour - once it's out of me and done I have to let it live in the universe cos if I watch it back I will critique myself to death."
More Christina Aguilera News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture