Christina Aguilera Struggled to See Movie Debut 'Burlesque'
Christina Aguilera had to be coerced into watching her big screen debut in "Burlesque" - because she's so "critical" of her own performances. The "Genie in a Bottle" hitmaker plays a small-town girl struggling to make it as a dancer in the new movie, also starring Cher and Kristen Bell.
Aguilera admits she was wracked with nerves about appearing alongside such established names - and she was worried about seeing her turn in the film for the first time. She explains, "I'm very critical of myself. I had to drag my feet to even see the screening to 'Burlesque'. First of all, it's my first big movie. I'm starring in it opposite Cher, Stanley Tucci, Kristen Bell, you've got all these amazing players in the movie and then there's me - a first timer."
"I opened up and gave my all to it but it's so hard - I don't even watch my own performances back when I am in my comfort zone on stage and on tour - once it's out of me and done I have to let it live in the universe cos if I watch it back I will critique myself to death."
More Christina Aguilera News
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'