Christina Aguilera Struggled to See Movie Debut 'Burlesque'
Christina Aguilera had to be coerced into watching her big screen debut in "Burlesque" - because she's so "critical" of her own performances. The "Genie in a Bottle" hitmaker plays a small-town girl struggling to make it as a dancer in the new movie, also starring Cher and Kristen Bell.
Aguilera admits she was wracked with nerves about appearing alongside such established names - and she was worried about seeing her turn in the film for the first time. She explains, "I'm very critical of myself. I had to drag my feet to even see the screening to 'Burlesque'. First of all, it's my first big movie. I'm starring in it opposite Cher, Stanley Tucci, Kristen Bell, you've got all these amazing players in the movie and then there's me - a first timer."
"I opened up and gave my all to it but it's so hard - I don't even watch my own performances back when I am in my comfort zone on stage and on tour - once it's out of me and done I have to let it live in the universe cos if I watch it back I will critique myself to death."
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers
- 'Good Girls Revolt' Canned by Amazon After One Season Only
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip