Queensryche Suffered Injuries in Iraq Bomb Attack
Rockers Queensryche were left fearing for their lives after they were caught up in a bomb attack while visiting troops in Iraq. The heavy metal band flew to the Middle East to play for U.S. soldiers and suffered minor injuries in an explosion near the base where they were staying.
Singer Geoff Tate tells BraveWords, "We got bombed. We had to spend a lot of hours in bunkers there, waiting for the insurgents to get under control. We all lived through it although we got injured - that was a scary situation. A mortar landed about a hundred yards from where I was standing - the ground just shook."
"It was amazingly powerful and scared the hell out of me. I'd just been standing there watching the sun come up, eating a little container of yoghurt and boom - the bomb goes off. It was pretty darn intense." But Tate refuses to let the scare keep him from venturing to another war zone - the rockers are already eyeing a trip to Afghanistan.
He adds, "It's the least an entertainer can do. Every soldier we met said the same thing: 'Our life is like Groundhog Day - it's the same as the last day.' The only break they have in the monotony is when they have entertainment come in, and it doesn't happen all the time. I'd definitely go back. In fact, we're planning on going to Afghanistan as soon as it cools down a little bit."
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism