Queensryche Suffered Injuries in Iraq Bomb Attack
Rockers Queensryche were left fearing for their lives after they were caught up in a bomb attack while visiting troops in Iraq. The heavy metal band flew to the Middle East to play for U.S. soldiers and suffered minor injuries in an explosion near the base where they were staying.
Singer Geoff Tate tells BraveWords, "We got bombed. We had to spend a lot of hours in bunkers there, waiting for the insurgents to get under control. We all lived through it although we got injured - that was a scary situation. A mortar landed about a hundred yards from where I was standing - the ground just shook."
"It was amazingly powerful and scared the hell out of me. I'd just been standing there watching the sun come up, eating a little container of yoghurt and boom - the bomb goes off. It was pretty darn intense." But Tate refuses to let the scare keep him from venturing to another war zone - the rockers are already eyeing a trip to Afghanistan.
He adds, "It's the least an entertainer can do. Every soldier we met said the same thing: 'Our life is like Groundhog Day - it's the same as the last day.' The only break they have in the monotony is when they have entertainment come in, and it doesn't happen all the time. I'd definitely go back. In fact, we're planning on going to Afghanistan as soon as it cools down a little bit."
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist