Queensryche Suffered Injuries in Iraq Bomb Attack
Rockers Queensryche were left fearing for their lives after they were caught up in a bomb attack while visiting troops in Iraq. The heavy metal band flew to the Middle East to play for U.S. soldiers and suffered minor injuries in an explosion near the base where they were staying.
Singer Geoff Tate tells BraveWords, "We got bombed. We had to spend a lot of hours in bunkers there, waiting for the insurgents to get under control. We all lived through it although we got injured - that was a scary situation. A mortar landed about a hundred yards from where I was standing - the ground just shook."
"It was amazingly powerful and scared the hell out of me. I'd just been standing there watching the sun come up, eating a little container of yoghurt and boom - the bomb goes off. It was pretty darn intense." But Tate refuses to let the scare keep him from venturing to another war zone - the rockers are already eyeing a trip to Afghanistan.
He adds, "It's the least an entertainer can do. Every soldier we met said the same thing: 'Our life is like Groundhog Day - it's the same as the last day.' The only break they have in the monotony is when they have entertainment come in, and it doesn't happen all the time. I'd definitely go back. In fact, we're planning on going to Afghanistan as soon as it cools down a little bit."
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child