David Duchovny's Broadway Debut Called 'Bland', 'Dull' and 'Monotonous'
David Duchovny has received a slew of scathing reviews for his Broadway debut - his performance in "The Break of Noon" has been branded "bland", "dull" and "monotonous". "The X Files" star appears in the Neil LaBute play opposite Amanda Peet, who he previously shared the screen with in 2008 movie "The X-Files: I Want to Believe".
But Duchovny's turn in the production, which tells the story of a man who survives a horrific mass shooting, has failed to impress New York's theater critics, who have savaged his performance in a series of negative reviews. Joe Dziemianowicz, of the New York Daily News, writes, "Duchovny's performance is colorless and dull."
"His long opening monologue... has all the dynamism of bland hospital broth. He seems disengaged, even though, ironically, his presence is responsible for the production's extended run." Ben Brantley, of the New York Times, describes the "monotony" of the production, adding "Mr. Duchovny... does admirably by his opening monologue but then fails to find enough variation... to hold our attention, " while the New York Post's Frank Scheck brands Duchovny's performance "bland".
Jeremy Gerard, of Bloomberg, adds, "Duchovny leaves whatever sex appeal (he) might have in that Snuggi... It's a subdued performance, lacking connection to the other characters or the audience... Whether that's from a lack of stage experience or because even he can't believe anybody is buying... the story is hard to say."
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars