David Duchovny's Broadway Debut Called 'Bland', 'Dull' and 'Monotonous'
David Duchovny has received a slew of scathing reviews for his Broadway debut - his performance in "The Break of Noon" has been branded "bland", "dull" and "monotonous". "The X Files" star appears in the Neil LaBute play opposite Amanda Peet, who he previously shared the screen with in 2008 movie "The X-Files: I Want to Believe".
But Duchovny's turn in the production, which tells the story of a man who survives a horrific mass shooting, has failed to impress New York's theater critics, who have savaged his performance in a series of negative reviews. Joe Dziemianowicz, of the New York Daily News, writes, "Duchovny's performance is colorless and dull."
"His long opening monologue... has all the dynamism of bland hospital broth. He seems disengaged, even though, ironically, his presence is responsible for the production's extended run." Ben Brantley, of the New York Times, describes the "monotony" of the production, adding "Mr. Duchovny... does admirably by his opening monologue but then fails to find enough variation... to hold our attention, " while the New York Post's Frank Scheck brands Duchovny's performance "bland".
Jeremy Gerard, of Bloomberg, adds, "Duchovny leaves whatever sex appeal (he) might have in that Snuggi... It's a subdued performance, lacking connection to the other characters or the audience... Whether that's from a lack of stage experience or because even he can't believe anybody is buying... the story is hard to say."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked