Massive Attack Release 'Atlas Air' for Charity
Dance music duo Massive Attack are donating all the proceeds from their new mini-album to the War Child charity. Robert Del Naja and Grant Marshall are longstanding supporters of the organization, working with charity bosses to highlight the plight of needy kids in areas of conflict such as Bosnia and Sarajevo.
And they've pledged to boost the cause's funds with their new release, "Atlas Air". Del Naja tells BBC 6 Music, "They do a lot of great work in different territories which aren't really that newsworthy anymore maybe."
"When the glare of the camera is gone and the focus isn't on that place obviously other people need to step in and help work on the ground with the kids out there, who are still in really awful environments and predicaments."
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress