Ralph Fiennes Had Two-Hour Make-Up Hell for 'Harry Potter'
Ralph Fiennes suffered for his art on the set of the "Harry Potter" movies - the actor spent two and a half hours in make-up every day and was unable to eat once the prosthetics had been applied to his face. The Brit plays villainous Lord Voldemort in the wizard franchise and he had to undergo a total transformation to take on the character's creepy appearance.
Fiennes wore a prosthetic nose and fake teeth and the uncomfortable make-up meant he had to go hungry whenever he was working. He tells the New York Post, "Every day I was shooting, I had to spend an extra two and a half hours just to get into make-up. It was difficult because on top of everything else I couldn't get any break from it. Besides the actual prosthesis, my character also had a set of fake false teeth. When we broke for lunch, I couldn't eat. I had to take them out each time I wanted anything."
The "Schindler's List" star also had to wear pantyhose under his long wizard robes and he struggled to stop them falling down. He adds, "I also had to deal with suspenders because my wardrobe included tights which, as I moved about, kept working their way down. They kept falling all the time. (But) I could pee. The outfit was constructed so that there was room and I could actually pull out my friend."
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer