Ralph Fiennes Had Two-Hour Make-Up Hell for 'Harry Potter'
Ralph Fiennes suffered for his art on the set of the "Harry Potter" movies - the actor spent two and a half hours in make-up every day and was unable to eat once the prosthetics had been applied to his face. The Brit plays villainous Lord Voldemort in the wizard franchise and he had to undergo a total transformation to take on the character's creepy appearance.
Fiennes wore a prosthetic nose and fake teeth and the uncomfortable make-up meant he had to go hungry whenever he was working. He tells the New York Post, "Every day I was shooting, I had to spend an extra two and a half hours just to get into make-up. It was difficult because on top of everything else I couldn't get any break from it. Besides the actual prosthesis, my character also had a set of fake false teeth. When we broke for lunch, I couldn't eat. I had to take them out each time I wanted anything."
The "Schindler's List" star also had to wear pantyhose under his long wizard robes and he struggled to stop them falling down. He adds, "I also had to deal with suspenders because my wardrobe included tights which, as I moved about, kept working their way down. They kept falling all the time. (But) I could pee. The outfit was constructed so that there was room and I could actually pull out my friend."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!