Ralph Fiennes Had Two-Hour Make-Up Hell for 'Harry Potter'
Ralph Fiennes suffered for his art on the set of the "Harry Potter" movies - the actor spent two and a half hours in make-up every day and was unable to eat once the prosthetics had been applied to his face. The Brit plays villainous Lord Voldemort in the wizard franchise and he had to undergo a total transformation to take on the character's creepy appearance.
Fiennes wore a prosthetic nose and fake teeth and the uncomfortable make-up meant he had to go hungry whenever he was working. He tells the New York Post, "Every day I was shooting, I had to spend an extra two and a half hours just to get into make-up. It was difficult because on top of everything else I couldn't get any break from it. Besides the actual prosthesis, my character also had a set of fake false teeth. When we broke for lunch, I couldn't eat. I had to take them out each time I wanted anything."
The "Schindler's List" star also had to wear pantyhose under his long wizard robes and he struggled to stop them falling down. He adds, "I also had to deal with suspenders because my wardrobe included tights which, as I moved about, kept working their way down. They kept falling all the time. (But) I could pee. The outfit was constructed so that there was room and I could actually pull out my friend."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie