Ralph Fiennes Had Two-Hour Make-Up Hell for 'Harry Potter'
Ralph Fiennes suffered for his art on the set of the "Harry Potter" movies - the actor spent two and a half hours in make-up every day and was unable to eat once the prosthetics had been applied to his face. The Brit plays villainous Lord Voldemort in the wizard franchise and he had to undergo a total transformation to take on the character's creepy appearance.
Fiennes wore a prosthetic nose and fake teeth and the uncomfortable make-up meant he had to go hungry whenever he was working. He tells the New York Post, "Every day I was shooting, I had to spend an extra two and a half hours just to get into make-up. It was difficult because on top of everything else I couldn't get any break from it. Besides the actual prosthesis, my character also had a set of fake false teeth. When we broke for lunch, I couldn't eat. I had to take them out each time I wanted anything."
The "Schindler's List" star also had to wear pantyhose under his long wizard robes and he struggled to stop them falling down. He adds, "I also had to deal with suspenders because my wardrobe included tights which, as I moved about, kept working their way down. They kept falling all the time. (But) I could pee. The outfit was constructed so that there was room and I could actually pull out my friend."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'