Tom Felton Had No Idea About 'Harry Potter' When Joining Audition
Tom Felton is convinced he won his role in the "Harry Potter" franchise because he knew nothing about the hit books. The 23 year old plays fiendish schoolboy Draco Malfoy in the wizard movies and Felton admits his first audition set him aside from the rest of the acting wannabes.
He says, "It was open auditions to the whole of the country and I think I was the only child out of 20,000 that had no idea what Harry Potter was, which made it very hard as they were asking the children which scenes they were looking forward to seeing from the book come to the film."
"It got to two away from me when I realized I didn't have an answer. The guy next to me said something about (Harry Potter bank) Gringotts and goblins so I was just like, 'Yeah, those Gringotts sound awesome', and the director saw straight through me. I think that helped me get the part of Draco!"
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group