Tom Felton Had No Idea About 'Harry Potter' When Joining Audition
Tom Felton is convinced he won his role in the "Harry Potter" franchise because he knew nothing about the hit books. The 23 year old plays fiendish schoolboy Draco Malfoy in the wizard movies and Felton admits his first audition set him aside from the rest of the acting wannabes.
He says, "It was open auditions to the whole of the country and I think I was the only child out of 20,000 that had no idea what Harry Potter was, which made it very hard as they were asking the children which scenes they were looking forward to seeing from the book come to the film."
"It got to two away from me when I realized I didn't have an answer. The guy next to me said something about (Harry Potter bank) Gringotts and goblins so I was just like, 'Yeah, those Gringotts sound awesome', and the director saw straight through me. I think that helped me get the part of Draco!"
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival