Tom Felton Had No Idea About 'Harry Potter' When Joining Audition
Tom Felton is convinced he won his role in the "Harry Potter" franchise because he knew nothing about the hit books. The 23 year old plays fiendish schoolboy Draco Malfoy in the wizard movies and Felton admits his first audition set him aside from the rest of the acting wannabes.
He says, "It was open auditions to the whole of the country and I think I was the only child out of 20,000 that had no idea what Harry Potter was, which made it very hard as they were asking the children which scenes they were looking forward to seeing from the book come to the film."
"It got to two away from me when I realized I didn't have an answer. The guy next to me said something about (Harry Potter bank) Gringotts and goblins so I was just like, 'Yeah, those Gringotts sound awesome', and the director saw straight through me. I think that helped me get the part of Draco!"
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens