Tom Felton Had No Idea About 'Harry Potter' When Joining Audition
Tom Felton is convinced he won his role in the "Harry Potter" franchise because he knew nothing about the hit books. The 23 year old plays fiendish schoolboy Draco Malfoy in the wizard movies and Felton admits his first audition set him aside from the rest of the acting wannabes.
He says, "It was open auditions to the whole of the country and I think I was the only child out of 20,000 that had no idea what Harry Potter was, which made it very hard as they were asking the children which scenes they were looking forward to seeing from the book come to the film."
"It got to two away from me when I realized I didn't have an answer. The guy next to me said something about (Harry Potter bank) Gringotts and goblins so I was just like, 'Yeah, those Gringotts sound awesome', and the director saw straight through me. I think that helped me get the part of Draco!"
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie