Paul Hogan Not Charged in Alleged Tax Fraud Case
"Crocodile Dundee" star Paul Hogan is breathing a sigh of relief after Australian officials dropped a criminal investigation into his tax dealings. The actor has been accused of using offshore bank accounts to conceal his earnings and is said to owe an estimated $32.1 million to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
But Australian Crime Commission Chief Executive John Lawler announced on Tuesday, November 23 that detectives will not pursue the case because of "insufficient prospects of securing convictions". Hogan's lawyer, Andrew Robinson, admitted the end of the criminal probe had provided his client with "immense relief".
However, ATO bosses are still pursuing the 70 year old over his tax bill - even though Hogan admitted in August that he couldn't afford to pay even 10 per cent of the amount.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal