Paul Hogan Not Charged in Alleged Tax Fraud Case
"Crocodile Dundee" star Paul Hogan is breathing a sigh of relief after Australian officials dropped a criminal investigation into his tax dealings. The actor has been accused of using offshore bank accounts to conceal his earnings and is said to owe an estimated $32.1 million to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
But Australian Crime Commission Chief Executive John Lawler announced on Tuesday, November 23 that detectives will not pursue the case because of "insufficient prospects of securing convictions". Hogan's lawyer, Andrew Robinson, admitted the end of the criminal probe had provided his client with "immense relief".
However, ATO bosses are still pursuing the 70 year old over his tax bill - even though Hogan admitted in August that he couldn't afford to pay even 10 per cent of the amount.
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'