Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas Get Death Threats, Prompting 'DWTS' to Increase Security
TV bosses have stepped up security for the finale of "Dancing with the Stars" on Monday night, November 22 after contestant Bristol Palin and her partner Mark Ballas received death threats over the weekend. A mysterious package containing talcum powder arrived for Palin at the show's Hollywood studios on Friday, November 19, prompting a studio evacuation, and now sources tell TMZ.com she and Ballas have been targeted with death threats.
The pair hit the headlines a week ago after show favorite Brandy was voted off. Many TV fans felt Palin should have been the one asked to leave the program. TMZ.com reports producers asked Ballas to stop tweeting about the anti-Palin sentiment - because his actions were merely inciting those keen to harm the daughter of former U.S. vice-president candidate Sarah Palin. Officials at the FBI are still investigating the talcum powder incident.
In related news, "Dirty Dancing" star Jennifer Grey has refused to recreate the film's favorite 'air lift' move on the "Dancing with the Stars" finale after seeking advice from her doctor. The 50-year-old actress briefly considered performing the iconic lift she performed with late co-star Patrick Swayze to boost her chances of winning the show on Tuesday night, November 23 - but medics told her she could seriously injure her neck and back. She says, "Everyone should not expect that."
More Bristol Palin News
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle