Jay-Z Denies Move Into Politics
Rap mogul Jay-Z has ruled out adding politician to his resume - insisting most of those in public office are self-serving "liars". The "99 Problems" hitmaker has several business interests and is always keen to expand his empire, but he's adamant he has no desire to emulate his pal, U.S. President Barack Obama, by launching a political career.
He tells Britain's Guardian magazine, "I'm not interested in politics. I have zero interest. I have interest in hope and people. Politics - I still think it's a bunch of liars and a bunch of self-interest. It's not about people, it's about themselves and their rise to power."
"They are voting on things based on whether they will have the support of the people when they vote next time. They don't have the b**ls to say, 'I believe in this, I don't care what happens.' And until that happens, nothing is going to get fixed; you're still going to have 14 year olds in cities with AK-47s," he adds.
More Jay-Z News
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell