Jay-Z Denies Move Into Politics
Rap mogul Jay-Z has ruled out adding politician to his resume - insisting most of those in public office are self-serving "liars". The "99 Problems" hitmaker has several business interests and is always keen to expand his empire, but he's adamant he has no desire to emulate his pal, U.S. President Barack Obama, by launching a political career.
He tells Britain's Guardian magazine, "I'm not interested in politics. I have zero interest. I have interest in hope and people. Politics - I still think it's a bunch of liars and a bunch of self-interest. It's not about people, it's about themselves and their rise to power."
"They are voting on things based on whether they will have the support of the people when they vote next time. They don't have the b**ls to say, 'I believe in this, I don't care what happens.' And until that happens, nothing is going to get fixed; you're still going to have 14 year olds in cities with AK-47s," he adds.
More Jay-Z News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri