Jay-Z Denies Move Into Politics
Rap mogul Jay-Z has ruled out adding politician to his resume - insisting most of those in public office are self-serving "liars". The "99 Problems" hitmaker has several business interests and is always keen to expand his empire, but he's adamant he has no desire to emulate his pal, U.S. President Barack Obama, by launching a political career.
He tells Britain's Guardian magazine, "I'm not interested in politics. I have zero interest. I have interest in hope and people. Politics - I still think it's a bunch of liars and a bunch of self-interest. It's not about people, it's about themselves and their rise to power."
"They are voting on things based on whether they will have the support of the people when they vote next time. They don't have the b**ls to say, 'I believe in this, I don't care what happens.' And until that happens, nothing is going to get fixed; you're still going to have 14 year olds in cities with AK-47s," he adds.
More Jay-Z News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip