Jay-Z Denies Move Into Politics
Rap mogul Jay-Z has ruled out adding politician to his resume - insisting most of those in public office are self-serving "liars". The "99 Problems" hitmaker has several business interests and is always keen to expand his empire, but he's adamant he has no desire to emulate his pal, U.S. President Barack Obama, by launching a political career.
He tells Britain's Guardian magazine, "I'm not interested in politics. I have zero interest. I have interest in hope and people. Politics - I still think it's a bunch of liars and a bunch of self-interest. It's not about people, it's about themselves and their rise to power."
"They are voting on things based on whether they will have the support of the people when they vote next time. They don't have the b**ls to say, 'I believe in this, I don't care what happens.' And until that happens, nothing is going to get fixed; you're still going to have 14 year olds in cities with AK-47s," he adds.
More Jay-Z News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video