Leonardo DiCaprio Survived Mid-Air Drama
Leonardo DiCaprio experienced a mid-air nightmare on his way to the Tiger Summit in St. Petersburg, Russia when one of the engines on his Delta aircraft shut down. DiCaprio was among the passengers on the flight bound for Moscow on Sunday, November 21, according to UsMagazine.com.
The commercial jetliner was forced to return to New York's JFK International Airport. The movie star's representative says, "Leonardo wishes to commend the actions of the pilot and flight crew in bringing the plane to a safe landing."
It is not known if DiCaprio will still attend the Tiger Summit, which opened on Sunday. The meeting of the world's high powers is being held to discuss what can be done to save tigers from extinction in the 13 countries where the big cats currently live and breed in the wild.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details